• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Pride of America

TYTY

I don't know if you remember me HollyT from your recent cruise. I'm the lady who like you is afraid of heights and big bridges!:o We are so looking forward to our cruise on my birthday in 2011 (seems so far away). Do you have any pictures of your adventures you could share?

We have decided we will leave the driving to others!

Thanks!

I don't know if you remember me HollyT from your recent cruise. I'm the lady who like you is afraid of heights and big bridges!:o We are so looking forward to our cruise on my birthday in 2011 (seems so far away). Do you have any pictures of your adventures you could share?

We have decided we will leave the driving to others!

Thanks!

I see you're still online ... don't go anywhere!

I'm pulling them and posting now.

The first is from the Road to Hana.

2nd is Waikiki Beach.

And last is on Kaua'i.

(More coming ...)

Wow! Not only did the picture of the Road to Hana impress me...it's beautiful. It also gave me inspiration for my garden planning. I love those blue/white waves combined with the green on shore.

Kaua'i, beautiful. Is it as tranquil as it seems?

1st - Kona

2nd - Kaua'i

3rd - Kaua'i

And Kaua'i is ... well ... let's just say there's been some serious discussion about moving to that beautiful island.

I can see why you would consider it.

This is a true story. Years ago, we had a "local" postman who would come every morning to our office building and pass out the mail. He and his family went to Hawaii on a vacation. He came back, quit his job (or transferred), took his kids out of school, sold his house, and moved to Hawaii. All because he fell in love with that state. I sometimes wonder how it turned out for him. He bought some kind of shop along the beach while he was there. Granted, this was 20+ years ago. I still envy him...

• 2 months later...
One more ... just because. ;-)

Driving home after landing at the airport ...

:eek: Oh No ! Yikes ! I am from Indiana and I had to laugh at your photo when you got back home from the Tropical Islands ...pretty ironic isnt it ? I hope you did not have to drive far ..hem ( clearing my throat ) did you ?

:eek: Oh No ! Yikes ! I am from Indiana and I had to laugh at your photo when you got back home from the Tropical Islands ...pretty ironic isnt it ? I hope you did not have to drive far ..hem ( clearing my throat ) did you ?

It was HORRIBLE!!! I think our max speed was 30 mph ... all the way from O'Hare to Valpo!

It was HORRIBLE!!! I think our max speed was 30 mph ... all the way from O'Hare to Valpo!

Just had to say hi old neighbor. We lived in NW Indiana for 24 years - in Valpo, Griffith, St. John and finally Schererville. Moved to Dayton Ohio area 5 years ago for a new job. I sure miss the Indiana Dunes, our Valpo University basketball season tickets and all Chicago had to offer. I don't miss the traffic and colder winters though. DH travels for work and loves being only 25 minutes to Dayton airport vs. the drive to O'Hare.

Archived