Travel from Fort Lauderdale to Miami

petesweet

We are thinking of ending a cruise out of Fort Lauderdale and immediately traveling down to Miami to board another ship the same day. We will be flying to Fort Lauderdale rather than driving.

I've tried to search for this information, but if it is here, I'm not using the right combination of words. I would appreciate any help.

1. How far is it?

2. How long does it take?

3. What is the most economical way to travel?

(There will no doubt be four of us with two weeks' worth of luggage.)

Many thanks.

Kathy

It can be 20 mins or 2 hours depending on the time of day.

10AM - 330PM will be your quickest ride.

7AM-930AM and 4PM-630PM is going to be a total nightmare.

I appreciate that detailed response. Thank you. Do you - or does anyone else - have an opinion about the best way to go about it? Rent a car? Taxi? Is shuttle service available? Cost? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
I appreciate that detailed response. Thank you. Do you - or does anyone else - have an opinion about the best way to go about it? Rent a car? Taxi? Is shuttle service available? Cost? Thanks.

We are flying into Fl and renting a car one way Enterprise 98.00. I have found that this is the least expensive way. Plus the return place is right at the base of the strip to the port.

Or you can get some quote on transportation to the port. I went to airportservice.com. A bunch of people will send you quotes on private transpo. The lowest I received was a town car for 45pp.

I do hope this helps you out.:D

We are flying into Fl and renting a car one way Enterprise 98.00. I have found that this is the least expensive way. Plus the return place is right at the base of the strip to the port.

Or you can get some quote on transportation to the port. I went to airportservice.com. A bunch of people will send you quotes on private transpo. The lowest I received was a town car for 45pp.

I do hope this helps you out.:D

That's very helpful. Many thanks. One more question: Where do you pick up your rental car? (Is Enterprise the one that "comes to you"?)

I see you have a cruise coming up next week. Have a terrific time!! Kathy

Hi. We just returned from a cruise that departed from Miami but we flew in and out of Ft.Laud. We called SAS transportation. They were prompt both times. It cost us 55.00 for 4 of us. It was a van and it took us approx. 30 minutes to get there.

Archived