• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

What Is a 7A Balcony

Ken076

I thought I saw reference to a CAT 7A (Obstructed) Balcony in a just-removed thread -and- that it was included in a Balcony (BL) Guarantee Booking ??

Looking at the web page Deckplans for the ship classes, I can't find any CAT 7A's? Looking at the web page rates pages for Guarantees, I don't see 7A's listed in the included Categories for BL Guarantee Bookings?

ken

I thought I saw reference to a CAT 7A (Obstructed) Balcony in a just-removed thread -and- that it was included in a Balcony (BL) Guarantee Booking ??

Looking at the web page Deckplans for the ship classes, I can't find any CAT 7A's? Looking at the web page rates pages for Guarantees, I don't see 7A's listed in the included Categories for BL Guarantee Bookings?

ken

Look at the class that includes the Miracle, Pride etc ships. They have the 7A category. It is in fact an obstructed balcony view. They don't usually have it pictured but if you go to that category it will say something like "Also includes 7A which is not shown" :)

Here's what the Miracle has shown with it's balcony cabin descriptions

"BALCONY

Includes stateroom categories: 7A(obstructed view), 8A, 8B, 8C, 8D, 8E,8F,8G,8H and 8I.

*8G, 8H and 8I (extended balcony)"

Cat 7a are cabins with a Balcony that you can go out BUT there is a Life Boat just below the floor or Flush with the floor. So as you are standing out on your balcony, you can look out, left, right but if you look downward you are looking at the top of the Lifeboat. If you are sitting down it will surely block you lower or bottom view but you can still look straight out.

Fred

From what I understand, if you book a balcony guarantee, it guarantees you an UNobstructed view so it would not be a 7A---I have booked balcony guarantees in the past and they were never an obstructed view.

Enjoy! and Happy Easter!

From what I understand, if you book a balcony guarantee, it guarantees you an UNobstructed view so it would not be a 7A---I have booked balcony guarantees in the past and they were never an obstructed view.

Enjoy! and Happy Easter!

Although a Cat.7a is also a Balcony, Un-Obstructed Balconies start at Cat 8a. So you are correct, if you book a regular Cat.8a balcony you will NOT end up in a Cat. 7a cabin

Fred

Archived