• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Help Deciding Itnerary

My husband & I are planning our 1st med Cruise and looking at two differant itneraries from either Pricness or RCL, The Med stops are the same, maybe a slight differance in length of stay. The differances are, on RCL, 7 day Med/TA ( b2b--Barcelona--21 Days) we will see Cartegna, Funchal, Portugal, Tenerife, ending in Galveston, TX. Princess will be 18 days and we begin in Venice, & see the same Med stops, & include Lisbon, Azores, ending in FT Lauderdale. Princess goes in Oct while RCL is in Nov. I looked at doing it in April but they are much higher and would conflict with an April Cruise, already planned. Thank You

I vote for the Princess itinerary because you start in Venice (a lovely place itself, but also easy for day-trips to Verona and Padua), and October is much nicer weather in the Med than November.

Enjoy deciding!

I know very little about the 2 cruiselines but would definitely go for the princess because I would not miss the opportunity to sail out of venice - it is a truly magical sight and also Lisbon is an incredibly beautiful city too. The sail up the Tagus river in to Lisbon is amazing as you get such a wonderful view of the City and sailing under the suspension bridge is amazing.

Hi Cintipam thank you for your reply, I do like the idea of Oct versus Nov, also, I can't be sure the older Voyager will be doing this in Nov 2011 so felt the Ruby Princess would be a better bet, I wasn't certain of the differance in the other Ports. Princess will run a little more based upon their 2010 scheduled prices. We are looking ahead to Fall of 2011 after our all CC Calif Group Cruise , April of 2011 to Mexico on the Mariner ( 1st Voyager Class cruise).

AmoMundo, we have sailed both lines and depending on their itnerary & price, select our cruises accordingly.

Having been a land trip person in Europe for years, and only having one cruise under my belt so far (Oceania Nautica Istanbul to Athens in September, but going Nautica Athens to Rome in June), I really have no opinion about either of the cruise lines you are considering, but I certainly believe that one can never visit Italy too many times!:)

Archived