• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

First Aid kit

northernphoenix

It really depends on what your tolerance level is.

I carry a few bandaids & neosporin for blisters, plus regular pain killers (aspirin, ibuprofin, naproxin sodium - whatever), motion sickness pills treatments (I wear the patch but also carry a few meclizine), and something for diarrhea. I have nasty food allergies so also carry benadryl & epipens

The ship does carry the basics like pain killers and bandaids, but after suffering through a cold with only Dristan available onboard, I now add a few more cold remedies. I carry packets of Neo Citran --- there is nothing like it available in the States!!!

Ours will have Band-Aids and Neosporin as well as a "sheet" of every kind of tablet currently in our medicine cabinet (tummy medicine, allergy, etc) in a little ziplock bag - I'd rather bring it all back home unused than pay ship prices for anything we might unexpectedly need.....

in our first aid kit we also had the basic things as well but I also made sure to bring some safety pins for just in case something needed fixed quick,q-tips,cough drops,finger nail clippers, hand wipes (actually from restraunts) alcohol wipes, bandaides,aloe vera lotion,neosporin,tylenol,and childrens tylenol, pepto bismol tabs, thermometor, anti itch cream.

some of these you are prolly thinking why would I bring them. last yr we traveled with our 5 yr old an with kids you just never know what will happen. enjoy your cruise. :)

I am glad to know that I am not the only one who makes sure they are covered before they leave. In addition to things already mentioned I take temporary filling repair kits and ambesol. I would rather be over prepared than miserable while on vacation.

I am glad to know that I am not the only one who makes sure they are covered before they leave. In addition to things already mentioned I take temporary filling repair kits and ambesol. I would rather be over prepared than miserable while on vacation.

My thoughts exactly. Plus, if you really need something (whether it's a band-aid or tummy medicine) who wants to be running out to find it on the ship when you're bleeding or not feeling good?

My first aid bag contains: ginger tablets, bonine, bandaids, neosporin, tylonol, advil, tums, cold tablets, cough drops, pepto bismol tabs, aloe vero lotion, q-tips, safty pins, toothpicks, nailclippers, matchbook sewing kit, scissors.

All stays packed in my travel kit along with our travel toothbrushes, travel size toothpaste, trial size deordorants and travel size shampoo and one disposable razor. Each time we go on a trip all I have to add is my makeup supplies and we're really to go.:) When we return home from a trip I remove my makeup supplies and restock anything that we've run out of or occasionally has expired before its been used up so we're ready to go on the next vacation !:) Considering what's in it, everything fits in a fairly small size travel kit.

I have all of the bases covered as far as clothing, electronics, etc.; but what shall I pack in the way of first aid for an Inside Passage to Alaska? This is a family unit of four adults ranging in age from 23 to 73,

thanks, Marilyn

My first aid kit is a small package of bandaids, a small tube of Neosporin and an elastic bandage and a small bottle of Ibuprofen.

Anything that these can't take care of probably needs medical attention.

We carry the same items that have already been mentioned. We also carry 2-3 sandwich size zip lock bags to use as an ice pack. Last time oldest son twisted his ankle. Saves on paying the ship doc. Also, carry a small sewing kit. The needle is good in removing splinters and thorns.

Don't necessarily know about Alaska, but we cruise to Caribbean and Mexico. My Mother's doctor's visit is always just before the cruise. He gives her an antibiotic (in case of upper respiratory or sinus infections), because he says she doesn't want to try to seek medical care or prescription in either place. We carry tylenol, pepto-bismol, immodium, gas-x, benedryl, cortisone cream, neosporin, band-aids, dayquil, nyquil (gels). The "store" on board closes at night, and wham..someone needs something. We've cruised for years with my elderly parents and have decided "better safe than sorry"...If someone elderly or with some health problem is going, by all means, let the family doctor know.

We have a first aid kit that we take also. I've got bandaids, neosporin, gauze, alcohol wipes, tylenol, advil, pepto, safety pins, mini sewing kit, along with all the trial/travel size lotions, aloe, shampoo, etc.

Archived