• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

What Time Can We Board?

mdmc

I am sure this has been asked before but I am running out the door for work and don't have time to search. We are going to the Caribbean an Sunday on the Crown Princess. Can any one tell me where do I go to find out what time we can embark? Thanks

I, too, will be boarding the Crown this Sunday. Fortunatley, we live about 45 mins. for the port. We will leave about 10 AM (as we always do) and after dropping off the luggage will proceed inside where we can wait until boarding time. We are Elite and there is a seperate section for preferred boarding. Others (non-preferred status) are also allowed inside the terminal and given a number. In all my experience, boarding usually begins around 11:30. We are usually on board prior to noon.

There are a couple aspects of this question. When can you arrive and when can you get on board.

You can drop off your luggage at 10:30 and then go in closer to 11:00 do finish your check-in proceedure, but then you will probably wait until around 11:30 before you are allowed to start boarding. This might slide more toward noon depending on how the disembarkation went from the prior voyage, but we have always been on board before noon on all voyages out of PE.

We were on the Crown a couple of weeks ago. We arrived at the pier at 11:15, and were given "group 4" cards, and went inside and sat down. The lady making announcements said we would start boarding by group as soon as they had approval to do so, and it would start with group 1 (which she said arrived at 10:30am). We started the boarding process about 11:40, and we were on the ship in 10 minutes or so. Very smooth.

Mike

Few weeks ago we got to the port around 10:45 and were on the ship by 11:45, being one of the first to board. They move it along quickly as others we talked to who had high boarding #'s were on only about 15 minutes later.

Thanks everyone for the replies. We too are flying in tomorrow. I am very excited as this is our first cruise. Packing right now. Thanks again!

Have a safe flight and a wonderful first cruise . . . prepare to be completely hooked!

Archived