• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

safes in the cabins

dustyroad

do the safes open with a old store card with the strip on the back? i know i wont use the cabin card correct ???

thanks

I haven't been on every current NCL ship, but the ones I've been on recently, the Dawn and Gem, use a code you set and punch in on the safe's keyboard.

I haven't been on every current NCL ship, but the ones I've been on recently, the Dawn and Gem, use a code you set and punch in on the safe's keyboard.

thanks. i should have said i will be on the pearl. the keyboard will be no problem.

A 4 digit code that you set yourself. If the safe is locked when you get into your room, you will need to call the reception desk and have them come to unlock it. Don't laugh --this has happened to us 2 times. Unfortunately, because it is so hectic the first day for the crew, the first time we waited a couple of hours for them to come up, although they kept saying that someone would be there within a half an hour (they said they could only send an officer up to unlock it). The 2nd time we were smarter -- we called that evening for them to unlock it -- and within 45 minutes someone was there -- but as we always unpack after dinner/show the 1st night, this wasn't a problem. AND -- no there wasn't anything left in the safe either time -- I think it's just a habit to automatically lock it, and the previous occupants did so without thinking.

The safes on the Jewel were also the kind with a 4-digit code. You can change the code at will. Do make sure that the safe is closed and locked before you leave the room. I don't know if there was something wrong with ours exactly, but we had to hold the safe door closed, enter the code, and wait for the tumblers to turn, before it was truly closed and locked.

A 4 digit code that you set yourself. If the safe is locked when you get into your room, you will need to call the reception desk and have them come to unlock it. Don't laugh --this has happened to us 2 times. Unfortunately, because it is so hectic the first day for the crew, the first time we waited a couple of hours for them to come up, although they kept saying that someone would be there within a half an hour (they said they could only send an officer up to unlock it). The 2nd time we were smarter -- we called that evening for them to unlock it -- and within 45 minutes someone was there -- but as we always unpack after dinner/show the 1st night, this wasn't a problem. AND -- no there wasn't anything left in the safe either time -- I think it's just a habit to automatically lock it, and the previous occupants did so without thinking.

thanks hello, if it is locked i will wait awhile to call . i will be so busy checking out the ship it wont be a problem.

The safes on the Jewel were also the kind with a 4-digit code. You can change the code at will. Do make sure that the safe is closed and locked before you leave the room. I don't know if there was something wrong with ours exactly, but we had to hold the safe door closed, enter the code, and wait for the tumblers to turn, before it was truly closed and locked.

wow, i will make sure its locked. thanks

Archived