• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Embassy Suites or Hyatt Pier 66

royal60

For our cruise next year we are looking at staying in Fort Lauderdale 2 nights pre-cruise and 1 night on our return prior to flying home. Thinking of staying pre-cruise at Embassy Suites on 17th and than the Hyatt At Pier 66 for the 1 night.

Would appreciate honest feedback on the two hotels, should we just stay at the Embassy both pre and after the cruise, or is the Hyatt at Pier 66 also nice. Which one is nicer for grounds, pool etc.

We just did a 3 night pre cruise at the Hyatt Pier 66 and loved every minute of it. It's a beautiful hotel we caught the water taxi and headed to Las Olas Blvd and did dinner one night the other night we walked over the bridge and found a restaurant. There are always cabs available at the hotel.

I would stay there again in a heartbeat this was our second time staying there.

Christine

Friends stayed in the ES precruise while we were at Hyatt Pier 66. For PREcruise, I recommend ES for convenience to everything w/in immediate walking distance in case you've forgotten something. It's also on the same side of the drawbridge as Port Everglades, so you are a smidgen closer to the cruise. You can also walk to the same shops from 66, but it is about 1/2 mile (15 minutes?) which can be great in the a.m. or when it's cool, but brutal in the FL heat & humidity. I forgot my running shoes this trip, so our family caught the Sun Trolley to the shops directly across the ES and I bought a pair in a running shop. All types of stores are there, from ROSS (a discount dept. store) to grocery & drug stores to restaurants and starbucks. There's nothing immediately at 66. ES also has the free manager's happy hour and breakfast - - both nice before the cruise. We had to search out bfast the morning of the cruise, and found a nice but pricey (for what you got) "Authentic French Bakery" just over the bridge (10 minute walk). For dinner, we were very happy with the Pelican landing's food & 5-7 happy hour.

Hyat 66 certainly was very nice as far as grounds and pool. The pool area is beautiful and feels resortish b/c there is free lemon water and a towel station. We had a first floor room w/ a glimpse of the pool area. The room was ok, renovated to look like the photos on the website, but did feel like an older hotel room (low bathroom ceilings) that has been renovated. I didn't want to pay to upgrade to a tower room and felt this was very adequate for 1 night. The thing we loved most about the 66 was the Pelican Landing restaurant. You can google it -- it's a wonderful place for happy hour pre/post cruise - great food, great drinks, very reasonable prices.

Have fun!! I don't think you could go wrong w/ either choice. But next cruise, I would consider ES first.

These are the two motels I have been leaning towards but still undecidedbut would like to stay at a nice place ( our usual choice is Marriott). We are staying three days post cruise and want to be able to see the sights ( along with the beach) and eat at different places without renting a car. ES is a little bit cheaper. We will be there in June which is probably pretty hot if we have to walk somewhere to eat I don't want to be sweating.

What would you all recommend?

These are the two motels I have been leaning towards but still undecidedbut would like to stay at a nice place ( our usual choice is Marriott). We are staying three days post cruise and want to be able to see the sights ( along with the beach) and eat at different places without renting a car. ES is a little bit cheaper. We will be there in June which is probably pretty hot if we have to walk somewhere to eat I don't want to be sweating.

I would still go with the Hyatt over the Embassy Suites. It's just a much nicer property to walk around and to enjoy. I would probably also recommend renting a car as it will make it a bit easier to get around.

Keith

There are several restaurants on the Pier 66 property, and it is a much nicer resort to stay at for 3 days. It is not a motel. You can easily get around from there using the water taxi, bus, sun trolley, or cabs. There is a Walgreen's right over the bridge. It's really close to the beach, too, although I wouldn't walk it.

Archived