• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Infinity US United States..jacket?

twobluecats

I recall my husband always wearing a jacket or tux to the specialty restaurant, but our most recent cruise was on Soltice and we dined in Tuscan Grill and Silk Harvest many times. We are on Infinity to Alaska in May, and the guys will not be bringing a second jacket-tuxedo only. Does that mean we should opt for United States on formal night? Other nights will have the men dressing in collared button shirts and slacks.

On our last trip on the Infinity we dinned at the ss United States 11 of the 14 days. I always wore a suit or a sport jacket. It just felt right. The service is very formal and I wanted to feel the part. I was bad only in that I wore flip flops instead of shoes.

garardo

If you dine in the United States restaurant on formal night the dress is formal. They follow the dress code of the main dining room. Many people still wear jackets even on smart casual nights in the specialty restaurant although it's not required now.

Just got home last night from 14 days on Infinity, and we dined in SS United States every night. I would say that even on casual plus nights, 90% of the men still wore jackets and the ladies dressed up more than usual. That's not to say you can't go in wearing casual clothes on those nights, but people do still seem to view those restaurants as a special dining experience and dress to that notion.

Thanks for the helpful responses. We plan to dine on formal night, so the guys will be in tuxedos. In the past, my husband has always worn a jacket on any other night we've dined in the specialty rooms. Admittedly, we dined all but one night in specialty restaurants while on Solstice, and we weren't impressed with the dining room after that. It will be hard to dine in the main dining room on Infinity for 11 nights. Not that the food isn't good, but contintal cuisine gets a bit boring after a while.

But, our ginormous aft-facing balconies on the M class will, once again, more than make up for the food inequities!

Kitty, since you just left Infinity, any comments about her condition or the food for that matter?

I have to be honest, I was reluctant to cruise again on Infinity after our last cruise on her, but I have to say, she's really improved in all areas and Infinity is now vying for our most favorite. The service is MUCH improved, which was one of the negatives we had on our last cruise on her. Food in the United States was absolutely fantastic and the service in there was perfect. We didn't dine in Trellis so I can't tell you how the food was in there. But the food in the buffet was pretty decent. I love the sandwich bar in the aft section, and the daily stir fry options on portside aft were very, very good. I think they greatly improved the salad bar and the offerings for the build your own salads was great. Of course the pizza and pasta stations continue to offer nice selections. But, desserts continue to be a very weak link in their food offerings. I'm not a picky eater but I never found any dessert at lunch time to be interesting or even edible. Bland and boring came to mind with their desserts. But the ice cream and sorbets continue to be excellent.

I have to be honest, I was reluctant to cruise again on Infinity after our last cruise on her, but I have to say, she's really improved in all areas and Infinity is now vying for our most favorite. The service is MUCH improved, which was one of the negatives we had on our last cruise on her. Food in the United States was absolutely fantastic and the service in there was perfect. We didn't dine in Trellis so I can't tell you how the food was in there. But the food in the buffet was pretty decent. I love the sandwich bar in the aft section, and the daily stir fry options on portside aft were very, very good. I think they greatly improved the salad bar and the offerings for the build your own salads was great. Of course the pizza and pasta stations continue to offer nice selections. But, desserts continue to be a very weak link in their food offerings. I'm not a picky eater but I never found any dessert at lunch time to be interesting or even edible. Bland and boring came to mind with their desserts. But the ice cream and sorbets continue to be excellent.

Hi Darcie, I was hoping you were going to post something

about your cruise:)

I want to do Alaska again this summer and prices for Infinity

are running quite close to Mercury (on certain weeks). Infinity

is going out of Seattle while Mercury is sailing from Vancouver.

I am trying to decide which to take:eek:...first time I was on

Infinity was back in Dec but it was only 4 nights.

Boy, if all life's decisions were so hard;)

Lois, we booked Infinity while on board last week for the Sept 11 cruise to Alaska. Infinity is really wonderful and she's really gotten better since our last cruise on her and we're excited to go back. We were able to book two FV cabins as singles, which surprised me, but I guess bookings are so soft they're allowing anyone to book the FV's.

Lois, we booked Infinity while on board last week for the Sept 11 cruise to Alaska. Infinity is really wonderful and she's really gotten better since our last cruise on her and we're excited to go back. We were able to book two FV cabins as singles, which surprised me, but I guess bookings are so soft they're allowing anyone to book the FV's.

Darcie, I am looking at Sept too...have to find a workable week.

Will let you know~it would be awesome to finally meet you:)

I know the thread started re dress code in the speciality restaurant my view on that is that like other contibutuers people tend to dress up but in a subtle way don't worry about a jacket the food is amazing. The opinion about desserts I generally agree with except in the cova cafe ( I hope the name is correct) the pastries were fabulous I found them late in the cruise the portions were small but excellent quality and worth tasting

Archived