• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

RCCL vs. Princess

Triplet and One

I am hoping someone can provide me with unbiased info to help me choose between RCCL and Princess. Both cruise lines offer similar itineraries, departure ports. We are a family with 4 teenagers looking to cruise this summer. Our kids don't take much advantage of the "teen clubs". Is there a difference in food quality, entertainment and ship features? It appears that Princess offers lower prices than Royal Caribbean. That's a plus on Princess' side, of course. Thanks

With 4 teens, if you pick a Voyager of Freedom class ship, they will have many more activities to choose from over Princess ships. However, if you are not looking at these RCI ships, if the itinerary is one you want, I'd stay with Princess. Princess ships are not as visually exciting as RCI nor as easy to "navigate", but it's probably not worth the extra money for your familiy to choose any RCI ship that is other than the 2 above named classes of RCI ships. Each line has its pluses and minuses. We happen to prefer RCI after sailing Princess 6 times. Nothing really wrong with Princess (and the food might be just a little better) and we had great times on the cruises. But RCI has such a "wow" factor and larger balcony cabins than Princess, that we have sailed only RCI for the last several years.

The basic cruise experience is similar. I find that PCL is tad classier with better food while RCL has more 'wow' factor in their ship designs and tend to be more active. Honestly, you should enjoy your vacation on either although I, if I had children, would favor RCL just because of the extra activities - especially on Voyager/Freedom/Oasis classes.

Archived