• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Transfer deposit to another Carnival-owned line?

etoile

Is it possible to transfer a deposit from Carnival to HAL or something like that? We have a deposit in with Carnival but we had to cancel our original trip and there just isn't anything that looks good to us now. However there is a HAL itinerary that is appealing. Is that possible?

If you cancelled and got your money returned . . . just put it on a HAL cruise. :confused: Although Carnival owns many lines, Carnival gives each line autonomy and tries to keep them independent of one another in many ways.

We didn't cancel our deposit, just that particular booking. I didn't think you could get deposits back, isn't that the point of making them? Ha! Maybe I need to look into this further. I was just wondering if anyone had done this before.

We didn't cancel our deposit, just that particular booking. I didn't think you could get deposits back, isn't that the point of making them? Ha! Maybe I need to look into this further. I was just wondering if anyone had done this before.

I'm assuming you are still outside the penalty period and you're not booked with the Early Saver Program, if so you should get your deposit back. Some TA's charge a small amount to cancel, but if you booked with one you should check with them to see.

When was your cruise supposed to leave? If it was a 7 day cruise and it was less than 75 days until the cruise than yes you'd lose your deposit.

If you booked with early saver than you have to pay $50pp and rebook within 1 year.

Deposits are not transferable to other cruise lines under the Carnival Corporation umbrella.

Bill

People get confused by what it means for companies to be owned by one corporation. It does not make them the same company or even really connect them directly. You will have to cancel and rebook.

Archived