• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

I have a resident rate question

poobears

Ok this may seem like a dumb question but I have to ask. When I look at my cruise just doing a basic cruise search no residency rates come up. When I put in my state MO. it pulls up a resident rate so that means I qualify for that rate right?

Everything I keep reading on here talks about that rate being for port states. Do they offer that rate to other states too?

Ok this may seem like a dumb question but I have to ask. When I look at my cruise just doing a basic cruise search no residency rates come up. When I put in my state MO. it pulls up a resident rate so that means I qualify for that rate right?

Everything I keep reading on here talks about that rate being for port states. Do they offer that rate to other states too?

Yes.

It's not some sort of scam, is it? I mean, it seems everyone "qualifies" for this "discount". And when I asked my TA about getting the shipboard credit that was being advertised (I had already booked when it came out), and was told that since I already had this "discount", I couldn't get the onboard

credit(???).

-Glenn-

It's not some sort of scam, is it? I mean, it seems everyone "qualifies" for this "discount". And when I asked my TA about getting the shipboard credit that was being advertised (I had already booked when it came out), and was told that since I already had this "discount", I couldn't get the onboard

credit(???).

-Glenn-

You can only book with one code, so if you are getting one kind of discount, you would have to give that up to get the other kind of booking that has OBC. The OBC offer was only good with the fun saver rates if that is the one you were asking about, the most expensive rate.

Not limited to Port states. On the Home page use ther Blue Search Box and enter your state of residency - when you find your cruise, if Residency rate is displayed, that's for your state. I'd call Carnival to confirm. ken

No scam, I am booked early saver. I can price match past guest rates (which I did last week $10pp), fun select rates and resident rates. But usually resident rates aren't offered for MO. They just recently started showing up so I wasn't sure if it was right or not since I thought they only offered them to port states.

They seem to rotate through the other states as far as residency discounts. For example, one cruise I am going on in May offers a discount for Virginia residents, but not Minnesota. A different one I went on before DID offer the Minnesota discount. It's just a matter of hitting the right one at the right time.

No scam, I am booked early saver. I can price match past guest rates (which I did last week $10pp), fun select rates and resident rates. But usually resident rates aren't offered for MO. They just recently started showing up so I wasn't sure if it was right or not since I thought they only offered them to port states.

Hey poobears!! Glad to see a fellow Missourian on the boards.

I am booked under the early saver rate also and recently saw the resident rates show up for our sailing too. I applied for and received the discount a few weeks ago. Then last week the past guest rate dropped lower than the resident rate. I applied for and received the pg rate this past Sat.

Just keep watching all the rates and be sure you go all the way to cabin selection. The past guest rate is cheaper for me because there is a free upgrade which you can't see unless you go into view all the catagories.

Archived