Bon Voyage - ryansmemom & Chimera

Krazy Kruizers

I second that "bon voyage," and hope you have a wonderful trip.

We have done the Hawaii run twice, both times on the Statendam which we love. Since KK came back with reports of air conditioning problems, I would appreciate your reporting back on those when you return.

In the meantime...happy sailing.

Pincus

You guys have a great trip and enjoy the sun.

Ruth and I leave tommow (4th) for 14 days on the Veendam. Need the relaxation as the hurricanes we had this summer are still driving us crazy. The have the house gutted and the furniture stored but have not done anything for two weeks.

Really look forward to sailing with you next Dec on the Veendam

Jim and Ruth

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone

Thanks so much for your good wishes. 1cruiselvr and Sacdr told us about them when we met so we felt your kindness before we sailed.

We had a spectacular cruise!!! We had a wonderful time. We loved the Statendam. She is a very classy ship and very beautiful. Considering the fact that she is due for a major overhaul she is in great shape. It is obvious she has been lovingly maintained.

We found her crew to be delightful, as we have always found HAL crews to be. They were smiling and as generous and kind as usual and working very hard. The level of service was excellent. The crew worked very hard and were very gracious.

As always, the best part of the cruise for us was the people we shared our cruise with. I have to say, we really lucked out this time. You all know who you are. We had the best time and we miss you. The only cure for this is to do it again and add all of the wonderful people we have sailed with before to the group. Bliss would be a cruise with everyone on board.

Hawaii was the best place I've been to so far on this planet. I want to go back. I want another Hawaii cruise.

So now my favorite ports are:

AT SEA

Any Port in Hawaii

Linda

Linda, I am so glad you enjoyed Hawaii. I have not been foruate enough yet to have had a Hawaii cruise but have flown to Hawaii many times. We especially love the Big Island. We call Kona our home away from home. We just have that special feeling when ever we are there.

Welcome Home!!!

Linda, welcome back.

We are booked on the 5 January cruise (health of a family member permitting). Do you happen to remember anything about the officers, i.e., captain, hotel manager, CD, etc?

Would appreciate your reply.

Thanks.

Pincus

Linda, welcome back.

We are booked on the 5 January cruise (health of a family member permitting). Do you happen to remember anything about the officers, i.e., captain, hotel manager, CD, etc?

Would appreciate your reply.

Thanks.

Pincus

Hi Pincus

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. We are jet lagged.

The Officers on the Statendam on our cruise were:

Captain Maurits Groothuis

Hotel Manager Fritz Gehner

Chief Engineer Albert Nijessen

Chief Officer Andrew Peddler

Cruise Director Douglas Dunnell

I will be happy to answer any other questions and will add my review to Sacdr's as soon as I feel less jet lagged

Linda

Archived