Wii Fit

babymomma

Hi all!

Can you believe this, I've been Wiiing for 701 days & I still haven't got 4 stars on ski jump!!:eek: Anyhow I'm still enjoying it even if I'm not losing pounds like some of you!;)

Laura ~ she asks me about my daughter too & how DH's posture is. Seems to know it's spring too, very smart lady!:rolleyes: Have a great cruise.

checkard ~ so how did you make out with having the Wii at work?

Have a great weekend!

~ Jo~

• 3 weeks later...

My Wife and I got the wii fit and ea active at Christmas. We grew a little tired of the wii fit but we love the ea active. I mostly do the boxing but sometimes do a variety. I've been doing the boxing 3-4 times a week (20-30 mins) since Jan and have noticed a huge difference in my upper body and core. It's a great workout. I started at 198 lbs and am down to 184 lbs. We cruise on May 16 so I'm pretty happy with my progress. Diet has been the key though.

• 2 months later...

HI all!

It's been a long time since anyone posted so I guess you're all doing outdoor activities.

I injured my knee on my cruise in May so have kept away from it but tried again today & have lost 1.1 lbs.

Just moving us up to page one, anybody here?

~ Jo ~ :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I've so have got to get back into the exercise groove again! I am back to 155# and would love to get back to 140 and even better 130-135#. I am going to get back on the Wii and also the treadmill walking regimen! Here's to the oldy sweatin to the tunes!!! LOL

My Wife and I got the wii fit and ea active at Christmas. We grew a little tired of the wii fit but we love the ea active. I mostly do the boxing but sometimes do a variety. I've been doing the boxing 3-4 times a week (20-30 mins) since Jan and have noticed a huge difference in my upper body and core. It's a great workout. I started at 198 lbs and am down to 184 lbs. We cruise on May 16 so I'm pretty happy with my progress. Diet has been the key though.

the boxing sounds great!!I might have to try it!

I really like the wii active 2. I did the three week challenge and am nearly finished with the 9 week challenge. I feel so much stronger and firmer all over. I like and hate how it wont let me quit if I am not doing something correctly.

Hi all!

Glad to see there's still some interest in the Wii!

we're sailing away ~ you do have to take it out of the box to do any good though.;)

checkard ~ what happened at work, did you get Wii for exercise or something else

in your new building?

toes ~ that's about where I am weight wise! Wii says I should be 117 but I know I'll never see that again! I'd like to be 130ish.

BTW if you have an iphone & want to track calories, exercise etc there's a free app

called "My Fitness Pal" that me, DD & Deb who I met on this thread & in person last week, love!

TTFN heading off to Wii! BTW I'm still on a Wii bowling league, it's more for fun than exercise.

~ Jo~ :)

• 3 weeks later...

Well off and running ( on the treadmill) WOW I'm so proud..have managed 3 days in a row! lol & my Wii Mii remembers me too..altho she berated me for not "training" however I have done my Wii active quite a bit since then. I never seem to get to the "challenges" as the big challenge is just finding time to exercise while I am on my work week. you would think I get enough exercise running the stairs and running around er but apparently it doesn't counteract the rice crispy treats or chocolate patients and other RNs provide us with ( we call this lunch many nights) LOL so I'm nibbling my "rabbit" food again .

Hi all!

toes ~ nice to hear from you! Great that you're exercising on the treadmill. Funny how people express their appreciation with food isn't it?;)

I'm still doing my Wii & counting my calories altho' a few restaurant meals didn't help the

cause!

Can you believe I STILL don't have 4 stars in ski jumping, what does it take to make it to the next level?!:eek: Anyhow I'm having fun & moving so that's the main thing!

Take care.

what happened at work, did you get Wii for exercise or something else in your new building?

No Wii at work. In fact, no workout room either. Powers that be are afraid that people will be in there exercising rather than working. And worried about liability if someone gets injured while exercising at work. So now that nice room with lots of windows and a rubber floor will be used for storage. One good thing is that the new bulding is a lot bigger than our old place so I get a lot more walking in during the day.

I've really slacked off on my Wii over the summer. Been busy with work, camping and trying to keep up with things at home. Lots of exercise with chasing the grandkids arouond at the campground though. Our campsite is half way up a pretty steep hill so all the trips up and down should count as exercise.

Now that I've been reading this Wii thread, I'm wanting to go home and get my Wii out. Maybe I just need to keep posting so I stay motivated.

What was the walking game that people were talking about a while back, was it Walk It Out? Was watching that on ebay but forgot to get back on and check it before the bidding ended. I watched a video trailer about the game and it looks like a lot of fun.

Hi all!

checkard ~ nice to see you back here!:D Too bad about the nice room being used for storage instead of exercise but I can see their point.Well at least you're getting some other exercise so that's good.

My weighin today was great, I lost 1.8 lbs since last week so I'm pretty happy, just wish there wasn't so many more to lose.;)

Take care & have a nice weekend! I'm looking forward to leaving on a bus trip to Chicago on Monday for a week.

Edited by retiring soon
mistake in dates

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there everyone!

I admit it, I've been a slacker this summer. Now that Labor Day has come and gone for us and the cottage will be closed up soon it's time to get back to it.

I afraid to hear what my Mii will say to me Jo & checkard, it's been way to long since I've seen her.

I've really slacked off on my Wii over the summer. Been busy with work, camping and trying to keep up with things at home. Lots of exercise with chasing the grandkids arouond at the campground though. Our campsite is half way up a pretty steep hill so all the trips up and down should count as exercise.

Now that I've been reading this Wii thread, I'm wanting to go home and get my Wii out. Maybe I just need to keep posting so I stay motivated.

What was the walking game that people were talking about a while back, was it Walk It Out? Was watching that on ebay but forgot to get back on and check it before the bidding ended. I watched a video trailer about the game and it looks like a lot of fun.

The Wii game is Walk It Out, one of many I need to get back to using once again.

Have fun in Chicago Jo!

Happy Wii-ing all!

I accidentally stumbled across this thread and was reminded that my DH got us a Wii Fit for Christmas in 2009. He used it for a total of five minutes, and when I heard it announce his weight, there was no way I was ever going to try it. I had him move it to an unused room and tried it out tonight. I love it, in spite of being told that I am obese, unbalanced, and generally unfit. I can't wait to use it again and see my progress tracked. This is much better than trying to walk in the evening in south Florida during rainy season. Thanks for the reminder, and I am looking forward to joining you.

Hi all!

Sue ~ nice to have you back! I had a fabulous time in Chicago, thanks. It's a lovely place.

ZoeyVictoria ~ welcome to the thread (club)!;) I was afraid I'd be obese again after my trip but am still overweight. I can't see me ever being "normal" & for sure not "underweight".

BTW do you know you can view "Netflix" (if you have it) over the Wii?

Wii on!

~ Jo ~

Hi everyone!

Just found this thread ...... Can I join in? Cruise in 69 days and 11 days into Wii Fit! Started from day 1 when it told me it was several 100 days since my last visit!!! What a memory! Love the advanced step & the boxing but do a little of the yoga, muscle & balance too.

Happy Wii ing!

Ailmarsh

Hi all!

ailmarsh ~ hola! Welcome to the thread, of course you can join. Yes the Wii has a good memory doesn't she? I do mostly balance & advanced step, boxing is good but he always says he knows I can do better!:( I'm cruising in 59 days, 5 hours & can hardly wait!:D Have a great day!

I've been doing Zumba on the Wii. The Fit programs doesn't recognise the zumba you do, but I enter it on the chart. I'm still trying to lose the last of my stop smoking weight. I think that the fat has spackled itself to my torso... Oh well, I'll just keep at it. My 85 yo mom and I do 30 min. of WiiFit on weekdays after I zumba in the early am.

Evidently my body has adapted to my level of fitness. I need to book another cruise. Luck to all!

'Retiring soon' ..... Thanks for the welcome :-) Have been trying to find the motivation to lose weight for ages & booking our cruise seems to have done it! So determined to stick with healthy eating and the fitness.....

Well done to all on this thread and a big thanks for sharing. What a great bunch of 'losers' ;-)

• 4 weeks later...

Wow! I'm so happy to see a Wii Fitness group. :p We have a cruise coming up in January and I have got to get motivated. Things have been crazy with my health and job for the last year. I finally got to go back to Curves Fitness only to cancel after two months since going full-time at my job. I'm just exhausted by the time I get home so I decided to join you guys in getting fit with my Wii.

I didn't know they had Zumba for Wii. I'm excited about checking that out. Again, I'm so glad I find you!!:D

Hi ladies :-) Wii fit told me I was at day 40 today but altho' I've missed very few days in that time I haven't lost as much weight as I'd have liked :-( But I have enjoyed the exercise & feel better for it. So good luck to you both & please let us know how you like the Zumba :-)

Someone on one of my cruise threads has Zumba and loves it. Although she says her husband makes fun of her doing it.

I was able to get a brand new one from someone who bought it and never used it so the price was good. I have a dance workout for Wii that is a bunch of Latin Dances. It was hard at first too but once you did it a few times it wasn't too bad.

I'll let you know how I like it.