• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Just back from Jewel, 04-03 to 04-13,

Mac303

We had a great time, staff was friendly and always ready to help.

The Jewel is in good shape, cleaning and touching up of the ship was constantly being done, a well cared for ship, wasn't sure about some of the ports ahead of time, but we got off the ship in each port and didn't experience any problems ashore.

This was our first cruise at diamond level, we visited the CL twice, once in the morning and once pre-dinner, frankly we won't miss it, we have always made our own arrangements pre-cruise, when we did want a drink before dinner we stopped in the Schooner lounge. What we will miss is the ability to combine the various coupons/discounts/stock etc:, as was the case in the recent past.

We have written a letter to Mr. Fain in praise of Mr. Hariprasad (Harry) Kizhakkoot, (guest relations Officer) he went above and beyond to assist a family who's plane was late arriving (4:PM) at Miami Intl., I was speaking to the family via nextel radio, and relaying the race thru the city to the port, Harry relayed the information to the bridge and the personnel at check-in who assisted in getting them on the ship without further hassle.

DISCLAIMER: Yes everyone knows it is a smart move to arrive a day early , but there is the reality of life, sometimes you just can't.

This was one of our top cruises to date.

The Jewel is in good shape, cleaning and touching up of the ship was constantly being done, a well cared for ship

Glad to hear it - we are getting ourselves ready to join her on 4 May for the eastbound transatlantic sailing.

Thanks for posting :cool:

The Jewel is in good shape, cleaning and touching up of the ship was constantly being done, a well cared for ship, wasn't sure about some of the ports ahead of time, but we got off the ship in each port and didn't experience any problems ashore.

This was our first cruise at diamond level, we visited the CL twice, once in the morning and once pre-dinner, frankly we won't miss it, we have always made our own arrangements pre-cruise, when we did want a drink before dinner we stopped in the Schooner lounge. What we will miss is the ability to combine the various coupons/discounts/stock etc:, as was the case in the recent past.

We have written a letter to Mr. Fain in praise of Mr. Hariprasad (Harry) Kizhakkoot, (guest relations Officer) he went above and beyond to assist a family who's plane was late arriving (4:PM) at Miami Intl., I was speaking to the family via nextel radio, and relaying the race thru the city to the port, Harry relayed the information to the bridge and the personnel at check-in who assisted in getting them on the ship without further hassle.

DISCLAIMER: Yes everyone knows it is a smart move to arrive a day early , but there is the reality of life, sometimes you just can't.

I SO wanted to do this one. DW couldnt get away for 10 days this time. I plan on doing this one though. Sounds like you had a great time. !! I am jealous !!:D

We were on the same cruise. Our first cruise. Loved it. Loved the ship, the amenities, the atrium!, the crew, the service, the friends we made and the ports. I have posted my review on CC already.

Archived