• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

A Carnival Newbie!!!

pat4mary

OK, I just did it!! I booked a cruise on The Dream for Jan.16! We've always been RCCL people, but decided to give Carnival a whirl. I'm actually very excited and don't want to wish my summer away,but can't wait to go!! Anyone else booked on this cruise?

OK, I just did it!! I booked a cruise on The Dream for Jan.16! We've always been RCCL people, but decided to give Carnival a whirl. I'm actually very excited and don't want to wish my summer away,but can't wait to go!! Anyone else booked on this cruise?

Check the Roll Call thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=828944

I just did the opposite last year, took an RCI cruise after several CCL trips. Like many others, I found the "meat and potatos" to be roughly the same. By that, I mean the service, facilities and overall experience.

Hope you have a great time on Carnival, we always do!

Me and my Dw went on two RCCL before our first Carnival and we thought that RCCL was much better. But we did our second Carnival because we wanted to take our children and it was great. So was our second and third Carnival cruises. It really is different each time with each different crew. We used to say that RCCL was a little better but now we think Carnival is. Each cruise is different and each is special. Never had a bad cruise but none have been perfect either. Like most people and most books etc. we think the food on Carnival is a little better and the nightlife does go farther into the night on Carnival. But hey it doesn't matter what I think its each cruisers decision to which is better and guess what all are correct.

Archived