Simple Question on Ocho Rios choices/options

BorisMondragon

Very simple question for the experts here, second time going to Ocho Rios though last time was 17 years ago also on a cruise then. Only wish to go to where the fresh and salt water join (Bottom of Dunn's River Falls?), shop at a safe place for some wood carvings of good quality and then enjoy Margaritaville till its time to go back to the ship. Would we be better off getting a taxi on our own vs tour package as we are not interested in climbing the falls again. Any inputs would be appreciated.

Very simple question for the experts here, second time going to Ocho Rios though last time was 17 years ago also on a cruise then. Only wish to go to where the fresh and salt water join (Bottom of Dunn's River Falls?), shop at a safe place for some wood carvings of good quality and then enjoy Margaritaville till its time to go back to the ship. Would we be better off getting a taxi on our own vs tour package as we are not interested in climbing the falls again. Any inputs would be appreciated.

I prefer a tour package or a private guide because you have arranged things in advance and have things already negotiated. You have peace of mind that someone is going to be there at some arranged time and who can add a few things (even conversation) to make you day more memorable. You have a much better chance of things going the way you envision when you are with someone who knows the ropes. The pre-arranged tour, with one of the guides mentioned on this board, might cost you about $20-$25 per person plus $15for Dunn's River.

I hope this helps.....good luck!

I prefer a tour package or a private guide because you have arranged things in advance and have things already negotiated. You have peace of mind that someone is going to be there at some arranged time and who can add a few things (even conversation) to make you day more memorable. You have a much better chance of things going the way you envision when you are with someone who knows the ropes. The pre-arranged tour, with one of the guides mentioned on this board, might cost you about $20-$25 per person plus $15for Dunn's River.

I hope this helps.....good luck!

Hi there

Is there a easy way or a list available of independent guides for Ocho Rio excursions or guides for any of the ports of calls and excursions. Thanking you in advance.

Gil & Deb

Hi there

Is there a easy way or a list available of independent guides for Ocho Rio excursions or guides for any of the ports of calls and excursions. Thanking you in advance.

Gil & Deb

Contact List from another board:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147309-i69-k175585-Honest_contacts_for_Jamaica_tours_fishing_boat_rides-Jamaica.html

Many of my friends have used Clives because they provide service from cabs to vans.

http://www.clivestransportservicejamaica.com/

Hi there

Gil & Deb

We're going in a couple of weeks and have booked with Marva of www.knowjamaica.com. If you read through the threads here you'll find several independent, dependable tours mentioned over and over again. Marva is one. Peat Taylor and Phil Lafayette are others.

Archived