Claudia's Tour

Seacruiser80

I was in Cartagena on April 11th on the Constellation. My tour could not have been better, I was lucky to have booked a tour with Claudia, and I certainly had a wonderful day! She really know the city's history and she has impecable English. Throughout the whole tour she was corteous, polite, professional and showed a great sense of humor.

But not only that, arranging a tour with her was very easy. I wrote her to her email address claudia@toursclaudiavidal.com and she always answered right away, providing accurate information and aswering all my questions. You can also reach her through her web page www.toursclaudiavidal.com.

I highly recommend her!

Jason

I was in Cartagena on April 11th on the Constellation. My tour could not have been better, I was lucky to have booked a tour with Claudia, and I certainly had a wonderful day! She really know the city's history and she has impecable English. Throughout the whole tour she was corteous, polite, professional and showed a great sense of humor.

But not only that, arranging a tour with her was very easy. I wrote her to her email address claudia@toursclaudiavidal.com and she always answered right away, providing accurate information and aswering all my questions. You can also reach her through her web page www.toursclaudiavidal.com.

I highly recommend her!

Jason

I didn't see any prices for her tours on her web page. Did you do the city tour, if so how much was it? If not which tour did you do?

I highly recommend her!

Jason

We used Lee Miles tours for Cartagena on our March/April repositioning cruise on the Pride. He "outsources" his tours and we were assigned Claudia. Wonderful! Like the OP said, great English, excellent knowledge, wonderful guide. I would highly recommend Claudia as your guide.

I didn't see any prices for her tours on her web page. Did you do the city tour, if so how much was it? If not which tour did you do?

Contact Leland Lee Miles and ask for Claudia. We had 9 people + 2 infants in our group and we paid Lee $340 for a private tour in AC van. The tour included Le Popa Monastry (+entry), Fort (+entry), drive thru' + walk thru' the Old City, drive thru' the rich part of the town, drive by the beach, photo stops along the way and a stop at a shopping area which has 7-8 shops including Lee's Emerald shop, a coffee shop, souvenir shops etc. My only advice would be to agree with Lee/Claudia in advance that you'd like to spend only 15 minutes at the shops and more time at the fort and/or monastry. The price included everything. We paid Lee in the end in TC's and tipped the Claudia and the driver in cash.

Contact Leland Lee Miles and ask for Claudia. We had 9 people + 2 infants in our group and we paid Lee $340 for a private tour in AC van. The tour included Le Popa Monastry (+entry), Fort (+entry), drive thru' + walk thru' the Old City, drive thru' the rich part of the town, drive by the beach, photo stops along the way and a stop at a shopping area which has 7-8 shops including Lee's Emerald shop, a coffee shop, souvenir shops etc. My only advice would be to agree with Lee/Claudia in advance that you'd like to spend only 15 minutes at the shops and more time at the fort and/or monastry. The price included everything. We paid Lee in the end in TC's and tipped the Claudia and the driver in cash.

Our tour was the same except for the fort. We had a few people with us with breathing and/or mobility issues so we only stopped there for a photo op. Didn't go up into the fort.

So, your tour can be customized for you anyway you'd like it with no problem.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi..I just wanted to add that I thought Claudia was great. My Mom and I were there on Jan 2009 and I found information on Lee's tours and many people have recommended Claudia.

My Mom and I chose to have a tour with just the 2 of us (& Claudia and her driver). We were very comfortable with both of them, she was a perfect guide with all her knowledge. She brought us to a great place for lunch.

I would never have a problem recommending her (or Lee) they were both great to work with.

Tanja

Swtgypsy,

Can you give me an idea how much your private tour was? We had Lee Miles in April, but we had a bus load, and next April there will be just my DH and DD.

Swtgypsy,

Can you give me an idea how much your private tour was? We had Lee Miles in April, but we had a bus load, and next April there will be just my DH and DD.

If I remembber correctly it was around $130 per person for about 5 hours. It was a standard car in good condition and air condition-very comfortable. There was a driver who dropped us off and picked us up and was very prompt.

It seemed a little pricey prior to the trip but we really just wanted to be on our own schedule. Claudia was great and it was worth every penny. We also tipped the driver and Claudia on top of the $260.

Hope that helps :)

Swtgypsy,

Email Lee. He writes back with detail on what the car/van/bus would cost per hour, what each particular attraction would cost (in hours and dollars), some suggested tours and illustrative pricing. That's helpful to figure out what you'd pay for your specific group and your private tour.

• 2 months later...

Is this a the same Claudia that Lee Miles uses? I got quotes for a group from our roll call for the same tour and Claudia's prices were higher than Lee's! But I believe Lee uses Claudia many times. Just seems a bit strange why her quotes are higher. :confused:

• 1 month later...
Is this a the same Claudia that Lee Miles uses? I got quotes for a group from our roll call for the same tour and Claudia's prices were higher than Lee's! But I believe Lee uses Claudia many times. Just seems a bit strange why her quotes are higher. :confused:

I believe it's because Claudia includes admissions to the attractions in her fees and Lee doesn't. We contacted Claudia directly and it's $45. per person including admissions for 18. She has been great to work with.

From what I understood admissions could be $28. per person depending on your tour so add that to Lee's fees to compare.

clauvidal@costa.net.co is Claudia's e mail. Contact her directly as we did for her prices and what they include. This is the same Claudia that Lee Miles uses.

I am using Lee in Jan and his costs include the fees. I added people since the first quote so it now between 50 and 60 PP and Claudia was 65. lee's guide takes you to lunch but out of pocket. he will take you anywhere from the fort and opera house to HR. So i added in more as time goes by. you get more for your money with lee.

• 1 month later...

You don't have to go through Lee Miles. Contact Claudia directly as mentioned above. She is so good that she is getting busy with her own tours. We had 25 on our roll call with her and everyone enjoyed it. It was really hot and the bus driver kept the air on when we were off the bus so it was cool when we got back on. She is thoroughly professional. We highly recommend her. It was 45. per person and that included most of our admissions. Her prices vary by how many people. She is great.

clauvidal at costa dot net dot co clauvidal@costa.net.co

I am using Lee in Jan and his costs include the fees. I added people since the first quote so it now between 50 and 60 PP and Claudia was 65. lee's guide takes you to lunch but out of pocket. he will take you anywhere from the fort and opera house to HR. So i added in more as time goes by. you get more for your money with lee.

I disagree. They are quite comparable and you know who your guide will be when you book with Claudia. Be sure you have everything in writing from Lee. Look at roll call Infinity, Nov 11? 2009, Panama Canal. He changed his prices on them and they switched to Claudia. Lee has done a great job for a long time but is getting competition now and perhaps not liking it.

Archived