• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

NCL cruise with Disney World?

nyc1234

A friend of mine said he read something about a NCL cruise that would allow you to go to Disney World. Is there such a thing?

I think I saw something about Royal Caribbean with Universal Studios, but has anyone heard about NCL and Disney? Thanks for your help!

A friend of mine said he read something about a NCL cruise that would allow you to go to Disney World. Is there such a thing?

I think I saw something about Royal Caribbean with Universal Studios, but has anyone heard about NCL and Disney? Thanks for your help!

What they are probably talking about is NCL ships who's port of call's include a stop in Port Canaverel Florida. It's about an hours drive from there to Orlando and you can either go on your own (rent a car) or NCL offers an excursion to WDW. The ships do stay in that port a little longer then normal (10 pm) to give you time to get to WDW, enjoy the day, and get back.

If you are intersted, go to the NCL website(ncl.com) and check out the ships; Gem, Jewel and Majesty. There's only a few sailings left that go there in 2009 which is this month (April) on the Majesty and December on the Gem. There are many sailings though (Gem & Jewel)at various times of the year for 2010 and 2011.

CG

What they are probably talking about is NCL ships who's port of call's include a stop in Port Canaverel Florida. It's about an hours drive from there to Orlando and you can either go on your own (rent a car) or NCL offers an excursion to WDW. The ships do stay in that port a little longer then normal (10 pm) to give you time to get to WDW, enjoy the day, and get back.

If you are intersted, go to the NCL website(ncl.com) and check out the ships; Gem, Jewel and Majesty. There's only a few sailings left that go there in 2009 which is this month (April) on the Majesty and December on the Gem. There are many sailings though (Gem & Jewel)at various times of the year for 2010 and 2011.

CG

Thanks! I think that's probably what my friend is referring to. Although the idea of combining Disney and a cruise isn't such a bad idea :)

That is what we are going to do... We are driving out and will spend a week at Disney and then drive to Fort Lauderdale and do a 7 day on the Solstice. Three weeks of bliss <G>...

regards

Scott

Good for you. It's a great idea, having the best of both worlds, Disney and cruising...:cool:

A few years ago we gave our daughter and family a week at WDW, but it was 3 or 4 days there and the rest of the week on the Disbey ship. They LOVED it!:D

The two boys were only 2 years apart, but were in different groups, which they enjoyed. DD&husband enjoyed adult areas and not having to worry about the kids.

DD said it was the best organized vacation they ever had. At check-in, they were given a key and some instructions. The key became their room key & service charges, cabin key on board and service charges on board.

The boys spent over a year planning!

Thanks! I think that's probably what my friend is referring to. Although the idea of combining Disney and a cruise isn't such a bad idea :)

Frankly its a terrible idea. You need 3-4 days to do Disney right. This one day at Disney is ALWAYS a hassle that IMO is not worth the high expense and the hours in the bus and the few hours at Disney....

Keep in mind that the ship is in Port Canaveral for only one day. We did the Disney excursion 4 years ago on our first family cruise with NCL. We absolutely love Disney World. But, never again for only one day. We were only able to visit 4 attractions because of the crowds. We will do a separate vacation to Disney World next time.

Actually it is, there is no way you can even sample DW in part of one day. Going on a dedicated trip to DW now takes a min of four and seven is better, IF you really want to experience DW.

If you do, do this pick one park only and concentrate on that and learn before you go about

how to use fast pass etc. though by the time you arrive it may be a moot point they may all be gone. Pick the attractions you are most interested in and do them first again get fast passes for one at a time if you can for instance get a FP for Pirates and then wait in line for Big Thunder Railroad etc. returning to Pirates when the Fast pass time arrives. plan on fast food only since you will need Priority seating and still it will take significant time to eat at any of the sit downs.

If you are not an old hand at Disney do lots of homework before you go.

Very true. I'm assuming that you mean more than just the day in port that has been mentioned, but rather mean an actual WDW stay for at least a few days combined with a cruise. In fact, that is such a good idea that my DH and I, along with my sister and BIL, spent 9 days at WDW (with a full day set aside for visiting KSC) and then took RCI's Mariner OTS (during her inagural season). The last day, we had a late flight out, so we spent that day enjoying the coast a bit. We all had a wonderful time. I highly recommend this kind of trip, preferably with the cruise after the WDW/Orlando portion.

Honestly, we all could have spent another 4 or 5 days in the Orlando area and would have had no problem enjoying more time at WDW. We're CA folks, so we've been to Disneyland ("The Orignal," says so right on our fleece jackets);) and now California Adventure (really enjoy it; much more than we expected to) many times. We loved all the variety WDW had to offer. (The only disappointment was the Magic Kingom itself because, to us CA folks, it's so compacted and small.) I highly recommend looking at Disney packages through TAs. Our TA put together a really sweet deal including a mid-range Disney property, unlimited access to all parks, VIP parking, and a bunch of other goodies. (Our passes included Pleasure Island, which became a favorite late evening place to hang out.)

We would do a similar trip again in a heartbeat. We would not have truly enjoyed only the 3 or 4 day WDW plus 3 or 4 day Disney cruise package. For us, it would not have been enough time at either WDW or the cruise.

beachchick

Archived