what is the wildest,craziest thing you've ever seen on a cruise?

3 hours ago, burm said:

Things that go wrong often turn out to make the best stories or turn out for the best in unexpected ways. 

I kind of hope that something goes wrong on your 50th. 🙂 Maybe one day your children could have a similar story and it could become a family curse. LOL 

Hopefully we will make it to our 50th - I'm expecting either the cake will be dropped or be on fire.  For our 60th probably both. 🤣

• 1 month later...

Sailing from our last port in Hawaii, Honolulu, aboard the Volendam, there was the customary "throw the lei ceremony" at the aft pool.  The leis were being thrown into the pool as compared to "the good old days of departure from Hawaii".  As the ceremony came to a chose, one of the fully clothed guests, wearing his lei, threw himself into the pool!  The CD was shocked--as we all were.  The crew "fished" him out.  He must have enjoyed one two many Blue Hawaiis or Mai Tais or whatever.  

This was on a Holland America ship.  Not a "fun ship" of Carnival Cruise Lines!  I have never witnessed such a scene on a Carnival Cruise Lines vessel.  Even during my first one which was a Spring Break cruise on the Carnival Freedom.  

On 12/3/2004 at 4:17 PM, 19stephanie66 said:

🙂 hi! stephanie and dan here.......i was just wondering what is the most bizarre or wild craziest thing you have ever seen on a cruise?.....dan and i were on the conquest last april the sun was going down and we watched a woman come up an aft staircase and when she got to the top......mind you we were going 23 knots :rolleyes: 🙂 when all of the sudden her wig flew off and went off the back of the ship!!!:eek: ....oh my god:eek: .......i almost choked....i had to run off the other way....trying to keep a straight face sure hope she brought an xtra one.........................stephanie and dan

Stephanie,

Can you believe that this thread that you started on December 3, 2004 would still be going?  Thanks for getting this going.  It has given me (and I suspect a lot of other people) a lot of laughs. 

I look forward to the day when we can start to see crazy things aboard once again.