• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Is it worth it? Spirit Cat 8H to 11?

vegasnine

Hi,

We are going on the Spirit to Alaska in September (early) and currently have a midship extended balcony 8H booked. It is only a couple hundred dollars more per person to upgrade to a category 11 - midship (the aft wrap balconies are all taken).

Has anyone stayed in the midship cat 11's on the Spirit class? This one is on deck 4 I think - we are currently on deck 7. Is it worth the extra room? Do you really notice the extra room? Is the bathtub and dual sinks and extra room in the bathroom worth it?

Anyone have pictures of the cat 11 midship?

Thanks

Tracey:)

Hi,

We are going on the Spirit to Alaska in September (early) and currently have a midship extended balcony 8H booked. It is only a couple hundred dollars more per person to upgrade to a category 11 - midship (the aft wrap balconies are all taken).

Has anyone stayed in the midship cat 11's on the Spirit class? This one is on deck 4 I think - we are currently on deck 7. Is it worth the extra room? Do you really notice the extra room? Is the bathtub and dual sinks and extra room in the bathroom worth it?

Anyone have pictures of the cat 11 midship?

Thanks

Tracey:)

The Cat. 11 is much bigger then a Cat. 8, we only use the cabin to sleep shower and change so I would save the 400.00 and use it elsewhere.

In our case since we book an Inside cabin we would use the 1200.00 savings and book excursions. :D

Fred

Thanks for the pics, I'm kind of hoping for pics that people took of these cabins vs. the generic photos I can see on the Carnival site.

As for the inside cabin, it's a good strategy, we just got back from Mexico on RCI and had an inside cabin, missed the fresh air too much and felt too cramped. We aren't big "shore excursion" folks, but it's good food for thought, I could drink more on the ship!

RCI and had an inside cabin, and felt too cramped.

The Key words are RCI and Cramped. Carnivals inside cabins are much larger then RCI cabins, thats why you felt cramped.

Look how roomy this Inside cabin is, didn't knock my knees anywhere :D

Cabin2_800x408.jpg

Cabin3_800x375.jpg

Cabin1_800x526.jpg

Fred

Looks about the same size, layout is much better than RCI though - with the larger space when you walk in it feels more like a hotel room and less like a ship stateroom :)

We had a promenade view room which had a window - but again it's that lack of fresh air that we really missed. I guess one could get a fan. ;)

Looks about the same size, layout is much better than RCI though - with the larger space when you walk in it feels more like a hotel room and less like a ship stateroom :)

We had a promenade view room which had a window - but again it's that lack of fresh air that we really missed. I guess one could get a fan. ;)

Again, we have never felt Stuffy onboard any Carnival Inside cabin, those cabins are well ventilated and the A/C works fine.

I do want to warn you about something if you havent heard yet, Carnival's has a comfort bedding system that will knock you out. Thats another thing that Carnival has over RCI, So make sure you set 2 alarms before going to bed. :D

Fred

We did our first Cat 11 on the miracle, the bath is the best, we have a cat 11 booked on the spirit June 3rd Alaska. My hubby said he will never go back to just balc. More room, more closet space, more bathroom, more balcony. VIP boarding. Try it! You will stay in your room a little more and enjoy it.

Archived