• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Future Cruise Bookings

GUTO

Hello,

I was after some advice if possible please?

I am going on a Princess cruise in a few weeks and am already thinking of planning ahead and booking another Princess Cruise for September in the next day or two.

What I am wondering is, that if I book the September cruise this week, will I be able to get the future cruise boking reference for onboard credit whilst on my fothcoming cruise and apply it to the September cruise if I have already booked and paid the deposit?

Thank you

Hello,

I was after some advice if possible please?

I am going on a Princess cruise in a few weeks and am already thinking of planning ahead and booking another Princess Cruise for September in the next day or two.

What I am wondering is, that if I book the September cruise this week, will I be able to get the future cruise boking reference for onboard credit whilst on my fothcoming cruise and apply it to the September cruise if I have already booked and paid the deposit?

Thank you

I believe you must purchase the FCC either before or at the time of booking. I don't think it can be added to an existing booking.

Wait till you get the FCC on your next cruise so you can apply it to the Sept cruise. You can't do it in reverse. Also I'd bet the price of Sept cruise most likely won't be increasing any time soon. It's usually the cheapest time of year to cruise as people get paranoid about hurricanes.

I'd bet the price of Sept cruise most likely won't be increasing any time soon. It's usually the cheapest time of year to cruise as people get paranoid about hurricanes.

Sept is not the cheapest time to cruise. :rolleyes:

The rates start to decline around that time that's all.

Also, just to let you know, I always cruise the Caribbean during hurricane season.

Ships are always filled. Doesn't seem that many people are paranoid. ;)

Now back to FCC ;)..:D

You can use a FCC only on a new booking. You can not apply it after the fact.

Sept is not the cheapest time to cruise. :rolleyes:

The rates start to decline around that time that's all.

Also, just to let you know, I always cruise the Caribbean during hurricane season.

Ships are always filled. Doesn't seem that many people are paranoid. ;)

Now back to FCC ;)..:D

You can use a FCC only on a new booking. You can not apply it after the fact.

I don't know about that. A quick check for the Caribbean Princess prices (which begin in Oct) seem to be about the cheapest I've seen in a while and appear to climb slightly after that. :p Of course there are always unadvertised specials.

I keep hearing about FCCs and booking onbaord, but don't really understand it. What is the advantage? Do you actually need to book a cruise onboard, or just put down a deposit for any future cruise? What do you get in return? Thanks!

I keep hearing about FCCs and booking onbaord, but don't really understand it. What is the advantage? Do you actually need to book a cruise onboard, or just put down a deposit for any future cruise? What do you get in return? Thanks!

We love this feature. We put $100 down on a future cruise, to be booked later. This is good for 4 years so you don't have to name a specific cruise right away. That $100 becomes your downpayment when you do book and it is $100 off the final price. When you are on board for that cruise you have $100 credit on your on board charges. I have heard that if you don't book within 4 years you will get that $100 back. Not sure of this though as it has never happened to us, we always book.

I was really glad we did this before as we booked the Med a few weeks before leaving on the Baltic. I would have had to come up with a hefty downpayment right before the Baltic, glad I didn't have to.

Wait till you get the FCC on your next cruise so you can apply it to the Sept cruise. You can't do it in reverse. Also I'd bet the price of Sept cruise most likely won't be increasing any time soon. It's usually the cheapest time of year to cruise as people get paranoid about hurricanes.

Actually, that's not true. I have done it many times for people that have already booked a cruise and did not have the FCC at that time, but got it months later.

Edited to add: Find out the answer from a UK TA though - things may be different with this rule in the UK.

Is it possible to cancel a booking' date=' and then rebook using an FCC for the same sailing? Or would they not allow that? (Assuming that availability and same pricing are the same)[/quote']

I booked a cruise in January so that I could get the cabin I wanted. My CVP through Princess told me to purchase the FCC when we are on board the Island in July and when we returned she would apply it to our January booking. That is what I'm counting on. We'll see if it works that way. She did say something about canceling that booking and immediately rebooking so that she could apply it. She hasn't given me any bad advice yet.

Sure hope your CVP with Princess is giving you a price break on her commission like a TA would. I doubt that she is. Check around for prices with agents to see how much you can save and remember that the CVP's interest is in Princess who they work for and are paid by, not you.

And, her advice is somewhat correct. Yes, you can apply the FCC to a booking that is already in place, but no, you don't need to cancel it and rebook.

Sure hope your CVP with Princess is giving you a price break on her commission like a TA would. I doubt that she is. Check around for prices with agents to see how much you can save and remember that the CVP's interest is in Princess who they work for and are paid by, not you.

And, her advice is somewhat correct. Yes, you can apply the FCC to a booking that is already in place, but no, you don't need to cancel it and rebook.

Princess CVP's do not work on commission. She has actually come through for us and saved us over $4000.00 on our Alaskan cruise.

We love this feature. We put $100 down on a future cruise, to be booked later. This is good for 4 years so you don't have to name a specific cruise right away. That $100 becomes your downpayment when you do book and it is $100 off the final price. When you are on board for that cruise you have $100 credit on your on board charges. I have heard that if you don't book within 4 years you will get that $100 back. Not sure of this though as it has never happened to us, we always book.

I was really glad we did this before as we booked the Med a few weeks before leaving on the Baltic. I would have had to come up with a hefty downpayment right before the Baltic, glad I didn't have to.

Just to be clear (i'm old and a little slow) are you saying that if I make a deposit of say $100 while onboard my upcoming Caribbean Princess cruise that I will receive an OBC for the cruise I am presently on? Or... does this OBC transfer to the future cruise that has yet to be booked?

If the OBC is immediately available then this is a no-brainer. Pay 100 and immediately receive 100.

If this is correct, my final question is, what is the maximum you are allowed to put down on the future cruise that will result in an equal OBC?

Wouldn't that be nice?!!! :D No, you put $100 down for a future cruise. It cannot be the cruise you're on now. Sure would be nice though! lol Let me see if I can help, but excuse me if I miss something (a bit preocuppied this morning):

The $100 deposit is either:

a.) applied to a cruise you have already booked for a future date,

b.) applied to a cruise you have not booked yet, but know the date you want to cruise and you're ready to book it now (can be transfered to your TA)

c.) applied to a "bank" of sorts for 4 years. You can use it anytime during that time or if you do not wish to book any cruise during that time, you can get the money credited back to your credit card.

The FCC has to be applied by your TA in case #a once you get home.

You only need to buy 1 FCC of $100 to book a cruise for 2 people in the same cabin, but once you do chose a date & cruise, you would need to put another $100 down. You do not get more OBC for using 2 FCCs per booking (unfortunately).

The amount of OBC depends on 2 factors: the length of the cruise and the category you book:

Inside cabin: $25pp for 7-9 night cruises; $75pp for 10-15 night cruises; $125pp for 16+ night cruises

Outside cabin: $50pp for 7-9 night cruises; $100pp for 10-15 night cruises; $150pp for 16+ night cruises

This is for first & second persons in the cabin. OBC does not apply to third and fourth passengers.

If you book a particular sailing, about 99% of the time the cost quoted by the Future Cruise Consultant will be heavily inflated. Take the booking back to your TA for their pricing. The FCC is usable on Group bookings and is combinable with Captain's Circle Launch Savings, regional rates and other discounts.

Hope that makes it a little clearer. ;)

Just to give you an example...I bought a $100 FCC onboard the Grand Princess last September. I just booked the Star Princess Transatlantic for next year. Instead of paying 20% of the cruise price deposit, I only had to pay another $100 for my husband's deposit and we now have $150 onboard credit each as that cruise is 18 days. So not having to part with the extra deposit money right now and having a $300 onboard credit is a huge payoff for putting $100 down 6 months ago.

Just to give you an example...I bought a $100 FCC onboard the Grand Princess last September. I just booked the Star Princess Transatlantic for next year. Instead of paying 20% of the cruise price deposit, I only had to pay another $100 for my husband's deposit and we now have $150 onboard credit each as that cruise is 18 days. So not having to part with the extra deposit money right now and having a $300 onboard credit is a huge payoff for putting $100 down 6 months ago.

Thanks for that easy-to-understand explanation. I was also wondering how that worked. It would be foolish not to get one of these FCC's in my opinion. When I'm on my first Princess cruise this coming October, I plan on buying at least one of these- we can buy more than one, can't we?

Thanks for that easy-to-understand explanation. I was also wondering how that worked. It would be foolish not to get one of these FCC's in my opinion. When I'm on my first Princess cruise this coming October, I plan on buying at least one of these- we can buy more than one, can't we?

I believe you can buy as many as you like, just remember, when it comes time to use them, one is good for two people and you can do what I did and pay the extra $100 deposit when you book.

I believe you can buy as many as you like, just remember, when it comes time to use them, one is good for two people and you can do what I did and pay the extra $100 deposit when you book.

Sweet! Thanks for all the info. That's why I come to this Board!

Actually, that's not true. I have done it many times for people that have already booked a cruise and did not have the FCC at that time, but got it months later.

Edited to add: Find out the answer from a UK TA though - things may be different with this rule in the UK.

So how did they purchase a FCC without being aboard a Princess ship? :confused:

The only thing I can figure is that they might have booked a cruise in the future without a FCC, then sailed & purchased an FCC & then use it for the one they previously booked. I always thought it had to be mentioned at the time of initial booking. (disregarding the initial deposit of $100)

If so, can you use an FCC anytime prior to sailing in order to get the CC even if the final payment had been made?

from rcacase: If so, can you use an FCC anytime prior to sailing in order to get the CC even if the final payment had been made?

exactly what i was wondering-looking forward to the answer!

Can anyone tell me what the obc would be on an 11 day sailing in a bc balcony cabin booked with FCC? (lost the letter indicating info:rolleyes:)

Thank you

Debr

If I had just read page 1 before posting -- info right there -- sorry:o

Debr

Maybe it's because I've always booked within the final payment period (and so deposits were never a factor), but even after reading this whole thread I'm still not sure I understand the advantage of the FCC in this situation:

1) you don't know yet which cruise you'll be booking; and

2) you'll probably book close to departure (say, less than two months)

I can see the advantage if you know which ship & cabin you want now, since you can then snag it early with a flat $100 deposit (cheaper than a normal deposit I take it). Otherwise if you're just getting your own $100 back (that you may have been given them years earlier), what's the financial gain -- just the OBC bonus offer?

Archived