• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

"virgin gorda highlights" excursion

karen327

Can anyone who has been on NCL's Virgin Gorda highlights excursion tell me if you take a special boat to Virgin gorda or if it is the ferry that those who are traveling independent take such as Smith's or speedys.

Also, do we also get a tour of Virgin Gorda or do we just have transportation to the Baths.

I haven't gotten a response when I asked this on the Tortola site.

Can anyone who has been on NCL's Virgin Gorda highlights excursion tell me if you take a special boat to Virgin gorda or if it is the ferry that those who are traveling independent take such as Smith's or speedys.

Also, do we also get a tour of Virgin Gorda or do we just have transportation to the Baths.

There is a video for this excursion also the description below:

Take an approximately 40-minute cruise along the Sir Francis Drake Channel to Spanish Town, Virgin Gorda. Open safari buses take you on a 20-minute drive through Spanish Town to The Baths for swimming in the unique atmosphere of mammoth boulders, palms, and sea caves. Travel along the trails and boulders to discover hidden caves and sea pools. Note: Wear your swimsuit and bring a towel. The footpath to The Baths is rough, consists of uneven terrain and goes through small spaces. Snorkel gear can be rented on the beach.

Big green

I can only tell you that when we finally got through the caves to the baths. There were very, very nice boats anchored there. I still dream of being there on one of those yachts. So if you've got the money, I'm sure you can make it happen.

My daughter and I did the Virgin Gorda Highlights on the Dawn the week of 3/28. The boat to the island was very nice...it was air conditioned. When we got off the ship we boarded open air busses to the baths. My 10 year old daughter and I went down on the right...you will see when you get there...we then climbed the rocks to the beach with out the restrooms and snack area. It was very beautiful. After staying about 30 minutes in the water we climbed back up the trail to the buses. They gave you a drink coupon for Rum Punch or fruit punch which we turned in at the bar at the top. ( This bar was packed!!) So were the gift shops!

Here is my advice:

I carried a tote bag with our towels and other items. That totebag made climbing the rocks very difficult. Next time I would use a backpack.:rolleyes:

Wear water shoes. The rocks are very slippery!!:o

As far as seeing the island...you really did not see too much. The drive from the boat to baths was only about 10-15 minutes.

It was very beautiful and I am glad we did it. However, it is not something that I feel I have to do again right away.

fitcher,

So I take it you had a seperate boat to the baths through the excursion, did not take the public ferry. It sounded like you didn't have much time at the baths, only 30 minutes to swim? Did you feel you had enough time there to be worth the cost?

We just did the Baths on our own last week and took the ferry (Smith's or Speedy's). It was about 1/2 the price of ship's excursion. We used Smith's because it had better times and it was $35 pp round trip ferry and a taxi service to and from the Baths. There was also a $3 admission fee pp to the Baths. So in all our trip was $38 pp. The ferries are safe and reliable. NCL runs their excursions through Speedy's- it is on another boat and it pulls up to the ship -very convenient. This is the excursion where you do not swim in.

We just did the Baths on our own last week and took the ferry (Smith's or Speedy's). It was about 1/2 the price of ship's excursion. We used Smith's because it had better times and it was $35 pp round trip ferry and a taxi service to and from the Baths. There was also a $3 admission fee pp to the Baths. So in all our trip was $38 pp. The ferries are safe and reliable.

NCL runs their excursions through Speedy's- it is on another boat and it pulls up to the ship -very convenient. This is the excursion where you do not swim in.

Archived