• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Celebrity Century Vista Deck Aft FV Cabins Reveiws?

fergmom

Anyone have any pros / cons about the Century Vista Deck Aft FV cabin decks? The ones that face where you've been? They are available on the cruise I'm looking at and wondering why... Need to move quickly. Thanks!!! :confused:

Century Summit - July, 2008 - Mediterranean :cool:

Big Red Boat - Many Moons Ago - Nassau :rolleyes:

We were on the Century 9 months after the 2006 refurb - Vista deck FV 9245. We loved the ship. The cabin was OK, but kind of tight for 4 of us, and my kids were only 10 and 14 at that time. The adult bed is only a double, and it is sideways against the wall, so if the inside person has to get out of bed in the middle of the night, they must climb over the other sleeper. Only one of my kids, even at that age, could fit on the sofa bed, so the other one used the pullman. When the sofa bed is open, you have to climb over it to get to the balcony. The balcony is HUGE, but not a stitch of shade - when I wanted to sit and read I had to go to the promenade deck to get out of the sun. Also, food scraps, butts and such made it on to the balcony from the bar area above us. When docking or leaving port, the aft thrusters create so much vibration that the cabin is VERY noisy during that time, which on our cruise was at the crack of dawn on 3 out of 5 days. Not trying to be negative, just accurate re: the cabin. As I said, we loved the ship and the cruise. Below are some photos.

http://inlinethumb03.webshots.com/19138/2701026170105039361S600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb09.webshots.com/20680/2171267140105039361S600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb38.webshots.com/25253/2803382730105039361S600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb13.webshots.com/42636/2576158240105039361S600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb06.webshots.com/1541/2573215450105039361S600x600Q85.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the honest info and photos. I didn't think about the thrusters, but was concerned about the double bed size. Also didn't think about food and cigs blowing down on to the private veranda. Yuck! :rolleyes:

Was it worth the view though?

Anyone have any pros / cons about the Century Vista Deck Aft FV cabin decks? The ones that face where you've been? They are available on the cruise I'm looking at and wondering why... Need to move quickly. Thanks!!! :confused:

Century Summit - July, 2008 - Mediterranean :cool:

Big Red Boat - Many Moons Ago - Nassau :rolleyes:

The vibration did not bother us but you do feel it. We were in 9232. Note that the veranda is about 40-50% covered and is fairly large (about 100 sq ft), large enough for two chairs a table and two fully reclining lounges. The cabin is not spacious but livable. DW, two teens and I shared the cabin for a 12 day cruise to Norway. The veranda is a great place to relax and the views are great. For disclosure purposes I will state that I am a big fan of the aft cabins. Please note that the verandas on the deck below are smaller.

I had similar impressions as to what has already been posted. The biggest pro is definitely the large balcony. There were just two of us, so it was a lot of spae.

The negatives would be:

*Loud noise from thrusters when entering ports in the morning.

*Debris blowing onto our balcony from bar/restaurant above.

*Odd layout of bed.

• 2 weeks later...

Just signed on to 6/13 cruise. We have 2 couples and are both in concierge class balconies. We will be looking for private tours in all ports. I have Platinum Status on RCCL which transfers to Celebrity. Have used private tours in the Med and found them cheaper and much superior to ship tours. Both of the male members of our two couples are X athletes who would like to avoid unnecessary wear and tear on our bones . Our wives are walking fanatics, however. We live in the Lehigh Valley and will fly out of EWR. May decide to go to London, Prague or Brussels prior to Amsterdam.

If any compatible couples might like to try to combine for tours , please post. Mike Kuenne

PS: The aft cabins are great, nice roomy balconies, but you will get cigarette buts and debris. Thrusters are no problem, but I was USNR.

Archived