• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Liquor Store near Mariott Courtyard Miramar in Old San Juan?

PRDMAC

:D We will be spending a couple of days pre-cruise in Old San Juan. Anyone know of Liquor store or market near the Courtyard Mariott Miramar. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Not sure if we're able to purchase at the docks? :rolleyes:

Clarice & Paul :)

Most of the grocery stores in OSJ also sell liquor (the larger ones that is). I know there is one in the Plaza de Armas square area. Grocery store right on opposite corner from Walgreens. We always stay in this area.

Hi Old Cars: Thanks for your reply. Can you tell me if Pueblo Supermarket sells BEER/WINE/LIQUOR? Thanks for your help.

Most of the grocery stores in OSJ also sell liquor (the larger ones that is). I know there is one in the Plaza de Armas square area. Grocery store right on opposite corner from Walgreens. We always stay in this area.

Hi Old Cars: Thanks for your reply. Can you tell me if Pueblo Supermarket sells BEER/WINE/LIQUOR? Thanks for your help.

I don't remember, but according to my wife, it is a Pueblo Supermarket that is on the square at Plaza de Armas and they do sell beer/wine/liquor.

:D We will be spending a couple of days pre-cruise in Old San Juan. Anyone know of Liquor store or market near the Courtyard Mariott Miramar. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Not sure if we're able to purchase at the docks? :rolleyes:

The supermarket in OSJ by Plaza de Armas is Supermax. Yes wine/beer/liquor. Also you can buy liquor cheaper (and water and a limited selection of wine) at the Duty Free store at the dock on embarkation.

Just in case you don't know, the Courtyard Miramar is in Miramar, not OSJ. It is a 10-15 min cab ride away. There is a supermarket not too far from your hotel that will have everything you need.

We just stayed there a few weeks ago. Nice hotel. We were on the top floor. Ask for a room away from the elevators, as they are noisy. There is a Subway, Papa Johns, and a small grocery store were we boought wine to bring on the Caribbean Princess. The staff was very nice. We would stay there again.

Thanks for your reply; Cleocruiser... much appreciated. Can you tell me if there are any nice restaurants in the area? I understand there is a Pueblo Supermarket 2 blocks away, where we can pick up some liquids and snacks etc. Is the trip to the PanAm pier distant? Any response whould be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Clarice & Paul

From what I've read here in the past, there's a nice (expensive) restaurant in the hotel and a couple of others nearby.

Me? I'm looking for some cheaper, local food (and I do NOT want an American chain restaurant).

Is there anywhere near the supermarket? I was planning on walking down there on Saturday afternoon to pick up a beverage or three to take on the ship and would love to just get some local eats that won't cost me too much.

Sorry, cant help with the restaurants. We were traveling with kids, so pizza was it for us. We got our local food on the way up to the rainforest. Lots of roadside stands with local foods to sample. We also rented a car from the airport, so we returned it to Candado area. From there, it was a short ride to the Pan Am pier.

the hotel Marriott Courtyard Miramar is located in Miramar, not in the historic district ("old san juan"). there is a supermarket nearby that hotel that sells wine and liquor called Pueblo.

Is there a local restaurant near the Pueblo? I thought I'd read that in a thread ages ago (long before I booked this cruise), but cannot find it (and I've searched through every thread about Miramar I could find).

I assume this is within walking distance of the Courtyard Miramar, correct?

Archived