• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Seattle-NCL Pearl 11:45 am departure on SUNDAY?

jaycee200

Yep, another one :) I read the past 3 pages on this section, but all mentioned departing out of Seattle airport on a SATURDAY, which I'm guessing is much busier than Sunday (true)?

Just wanted to hear your thoughts on a flight at 11:45 am, after our cruise on the Pearl (so coming from Pier 66) and how tight you think it will be or if possible? The next flight wouldnt be til 6:15 pm, so we arent sure what we would do with ourselves (and our luggage) if we take the evening flight (I saw NCL has one City Tour Offer, but it says for flights after 2, so sounds like the tour would be over and we'd be back at the airport :) Thoughts on the 11:45 am flight, coming off the Pearl on a Sunday?

Yep, another one :) I read the past 3 pages on this section, but all mentioned departing out of Seattle airport on a SATURDAY, which I'm guessing is much busier than Sunday (true)?

Just wanted to hear your thoughts on a flight at 11:45 am, after our cruise on the Pearl (so coming from Pier 66) and how tight you think it will be or if possible? The next flight wouldnt be til 6:15 pm, so we arent sure what we would do with ourselves (and our luggage) if we take the evening flight (I saw NCL has one City Tour Offer, but it says for flights after 2, so sounds like the tour would be over and we'd be back at the airport :) Thoughts on the 11:45 am flight, coming off the Pearl on a Sunday?

Anything before 1 pm is too early. There is beaucoup road construction on the freeways here 7 days a week for the next one year. I would not take a chance, since you need to be at the airport not later than 9:45 am for that flight, and oftimes disembbarkation does not even begin til between 8:30 and 9:00 am.

Karen is right there is going to be a lot of hwy construction on I-5 for the next year or so. If you’re one of the first ones off the ship you’ll barely have time to make it to Sea-Tac on time for a 11:45 am flight. The traffic around Sea-Tac can also be a pain. Whenever I go to downtown Seattle I try to stay off the Freeway. The other day when we were down at Pier 91 we came back on Western Ave, got on the Alaskan way viaduct (Hwy 99) and that turns into Hwy 509, get off at Hwy 518 and it goes to the Airport, have your cab driver go this way and you’ll miss the I-5 mess. Pier 66 is on Alaskan way go south on Alaskan way and it'll tie into Hwy 99, it's a pretty fast way to go. The only hold up will be TSA at Sea-Tac.

No, not especially. I flew out yesterday morning (Sat.) - granted, not yet a cruise day, and the place was pretty empty. Sunday afternoons are typically much busier than Saturdays, especially in cruise season.

Most people reading this board who will be traveling to the airport after a cruise will have more than 2 pax in the vehicle, so they'll be able to use the HOV lanes on I-5, or else if coming from the central waterfront/Pier 91 (and if the cab driver knows what he/she's doing) they'll be able to take SR 99/SR 509 and avoid most of the traffic issues. Cabs make a living doing turnarounds and they are quite expert in avoiding traffic jams that would cause them to get fewer fares on cruise days. I would not over-worry this.

I would be concerned. We ended up booking the 10pm flight back east due to the same concerns. We took Monday as another vacation Day and we're just going to enjoy the area until it's time for our flight.

Archived