• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Conquest late!

WildWillie

Yeah...the weather here has been horrible the last two days. Houston had alot of street flooding yesterday. The system is still offshore. It probably forced Conquest to a crawl through the offshore platform city last night.

We sailed out of Galveston on the Esctasy in December....she was 12 hours late getting back to port because of the fog...it was nearly 11:30 pm before we were able to board.

I have heard several stories of the Conquest and Esctasy being late due to fog lately.

Looks like she made it...http://www.galveston.com/cruisecam/

We sailed out of Galveston on the Esctasy in December....she was 12 hours late getting back to port because of the fog...it was nearly 11:30 pm before we were able to board.

I have heard several stories of the Conquest and Esctasy being late due to fog lately.

Looks like she made it...http://www.galveston.com/cruisecam/

Fog is an issue in any port but Gulf Coast ports have an unfair share...

;)

Yep, the rain in the area yesterday was unreal~!

We are now (not so ) paitently waiting for the Conquest to get in!!

:(

Parrothead called me at 2pm and they still were not boarding - but they were to be first to board. Also, that Carnival was giving everyone a $15 obc for the delayed boarding.

She sent me a text at 2:49pm that they were on the ship.

I was on the Conquest and we were a few hours late due to the Port of Galveston being closed. Aside from a bunch of people just hanging out for a few extra hours because there was nowhere to go, it wasn't too eventful. I felt bad for those that had early flights to catch, but it's just another example of why you have to be careful not to book too early of a flight the day you get back. Luckilly, we just had to drive back to Houston, although parts of the I-45 Northbound were closed down to just 1 lane and it took us almost 2 hours to get back home instead of just one hour.

Yeah, we hit that storm late Saturday night, and rolled through it till morning. LOTS of pretty bad lightning and sheets of rain coming down sideways. Some parts of Galveston got 8 inches that night.

We were hanging out in the main auditorium on Deck 3 and did the self-assist check out. THAT was the way to go! From the time that they started letting people off, until we got through customs was about 5 minutes.

Very easy!

Archived