Easter gem 4/11-4-18 Loved it

NSP40

We boarded the ship and went to the Grand Pacific and had a nice sit down lunch. The portions were small but still enjoyd it. After lunch came the annocument the rooms were ready. We had 2 adjoining balcony rooms

both were spotless. The room stewards were there to see if we needed anything, they were very visible throughout the whole trip. They did a great job and bent over backwards to help IMO worth every penny they get. The ship was also spotless the crew was always cleaning and polishing the ship. I only had one bad meal the whole week at the Blue lagoon, the service was bad and the food was not so good like it was siting under warming lamps for a week. We were in a group 21 and never had to wait for a table. We usually made reservations a day in advance and they were able to accomodate us. We ate in the main dining rooms twice Cagneys and Le Bistro once and the buffet twice. Le Bistro was the best meal of the trip Rack of lamb cooked to perfection. We had the anniversary package well worth the money, dinner for two at Bistro bottle of wine at dinner champagne and strawberries in cabin at sailaway and canapes in room one day. GSC was fun a great beach day. There was a problem with the tenders that day so it was a slow go at first but after they fixed the problem everything went smooth We were on tender #4 and were able to get a chair at the end of the beach but we still got a seat.

The food there was also good burgers and hot dogs, chicken, pizza, salads and fruit something for everyone. We did two excursions Disney and The aquaventure at Atlantis. Disney was not worth it not enough time to see much. Atlantis was the best day of the trip. Aquaventure was well worth the money my advice is stay late and take a cab back to the ship a cab is only $4.00 a head to get back to the ship terminal and worth the extra time in Atlantis. Like I said before we were a party of 21 and we all had a great cruise. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Nick

Hi Nick,

I am going on the Gem March 2010 my son will be 3 years and 4 months. We did plan to go to Disney - how much time do you think we would get. We didn't want to do all day anyway because he will get tired. How many hours did you get to do at Disney?

I also just got off the Gem Saturday the 18th. I also had a ball and loved it. I was also on last years Easter cruise and loved it. Went to the cruisecritic meeting in 08 but wanted to go to Easter services and missed the meeting @ 11:00. This year we went to Seaworld and had a ball. Plenty of time to see all the shows. Service and food were great. Had a wonderful inside cabin and saved some $$$$$. I found that all and I mean all the workers go all out for the passengers. Worked out in the gym everyday.

Will be thinking of booking next years Easter cruise if I get a great deal....:p

Hi Nick,

I am going on the Gem March 2010 my son will be 3 years and 4 months. We did plan to go to Disney - how much time do you think we would get. We didn't want to do all day anyway because he will get tired. How many hours did you get to do at Disney?

You get about 6 hours total in the park. It was very crowded during easter break. The whole trip was 8 hours 1 hour each way for travel. Hope this helps.

Nick

I also just got off the Gem Saturday the 18th. I also had a ball and loved it. I was also on last years Easter cruise and loved it. Went to the cruisecritic meeting in 08 but wanted to go to Easter services and missed the meeting @ 11:00. This year we went to Seaworld and had a ball. Plenty of time to see all the shows. Service and food were great. Had a wonderful inside cabin and saved some $$$$$. I found that all and I mean all the workers go all out for the passengers. Worked out in the gym everyday.

Will be thinking of booking next years Easter cruise if I get a great deal....:p

Pixiedustdawn has already started a roll call for that trip. I agree the crew was excellent. Never had to ask for something twice. If I can swing it I will be there also.

Nick

Pixiedustdawn has already started a roll call for that trip. I agree the crew was excellent. Never had to ask for something twice. If I can swing it I will be there also.

Nick

Nick,

Try and swing it!!

It would be great seeing you again!! Maybe, if you come we can persuade Mary to come too.

Dawn

You get about 6 hours total in the park. It was very crowded during easter break. The whole trip was 8 hours 1 hour each way for travel. Hope this helps.

Nick

Thanks Nick, I think 6 hours in the park will be fine. We are going in March so it will not be Easter break. I am glad you all had such a good time, it is so refreshing to hear that since we will be sailing her in March. I do not pay attention to the bad reviews since I do not nit-pick when I am on vacation. We are an easy group and easy to please. :o

Nick

We are actually off the week prior to Easter next year.

We will sail that week and be home for Easter Sunday.

So, it is actually not a Easter Cruise, but a Spring break/Passover cruise.

Thanks Nick, I think 6 hours in the park will be fine. We are going in March so it will not be Easter break. I am glad you all had such a good time, it is so refreshing to hear that since we will be sailing her in March. I do not pay attention to the bad reviews since I do not nit-pick when I am on vacation. We are an easy group and easy to please. :o

It shouldn't be to hard to please on this ship. My kids say it was the best week of there life. You guys will love the happy happy smiley smiley guys at the buffet.

Nick

Archived