• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

How much is booze?

Luvmic49

How much does it cost for a beer or a margarita or a crown and coke? Can I bring any wine on board? I was told I could bring two bottles of wine.

Thanks

Each adult over 21 can bring a bottle of wine. Check the pics in my signature from the Spirit last month, there's a bar menu scanned there. Of course, this is the 'west coast' list, I've heard the 'east coast' list is a bit cheaper.

Too much, I use Rum Runners Flasks and smuggle stuff on, and I do buy from the ship also.

Cathy

Actually, we think the prices are quite fair, they are the same or less than any nice land based resort or hotel and some of those don't have the views!

Actually, we think the prices are quite fair, they are the same or less than any nice land based resort or hotel and some of those don't have the views!

I'm thinking baloney. Price is one thing, quality/quantity something else altogether.

5 dollars for 1 16 oz beer? is quite fair?? I dont think so, I have paid it but it is NOT IMO a quite fair price.

Cathy

5 dollars for 1 16 oz beer? is quite fair?? I dont think so, I have paid it but it is NOT IMO a quite fair price.

Cathy

Around here you pay an average of $4.00 for a 12oz beer in a night club / resort. So $5.00 for a 16 oz beer is right on par with local central Florida prices.

I guess it's all relative.

They already "give away" some of the cruises - they have to make $ somehow.

We try to look at it that we may spend $600 each for the cruise and even if it's another $300 each for the bar bill that's still only $900 per person for a one week "all-inclusive". Still a good deal.

We don't spend that much on booze though. We always bring our allotment :D of wine and also bring plenty of diet coke to go with the Jack Daniels.

Oh, you can order bottles of booze ahead of time (only) by calling the bon voyage department and your order will be in your cabin when you arrive.

The prices are almost double what you would think but the bottles are usually full liters. Still less expensive than buying drinks. More expensive than smuggling. :rolleyes:

Around here you pay an average of $4.00 for a 12oz beer in a night club / resort. So $5.00 for a 16 oz beer is right on par with local central Florida prices.

I guess it's all relative.

Yeah if those are the prices in your town then it's on par, but still not a fair price.... when you can buy a 6 pack for a little more than 7 dollars. I have and will pay whatever they charge, but I still dont think it is a fair price. But it is what it is.

Cathy

Here is my take...the Beer prices are ridiculous, here in Arkansas I can buy a pint for about $3.75 and a bottle is about $3.50 regular price, Happy hour they are about 2 bucks! So a $4 or $5 beer is steep.

But the mixed drink/frozen drink prices at $5.25 is a fairly decent deal you won't find many restaurants on land charging that for a Pina Colada or Jack and Coke. (upwards to $6 at a chilis or On the border)

Overally

Cathy

I don't drink beer, but the cost of cocktails IS quite fair and cheaper than any nice hotel/resort I've been to.

Yeah if those are the prices in your town then it's on par, but still not a fair price.... when you can buy a 6 pack for a little more than 7 dollars. I have and will pay whatever they charge, but I still dont think it is a fair price. But it is what it is.

Cathy

But you're comparing apples to oranges, sure I can buy a bottle of vodka in my local store and drink a drink at home for lots cheaper, but I don't have the resort atmosphere, view, someone waiting on me, cleaning up after me, etc.

Here is my take...the Beer prices are ridiculous, here in Arkansas I can buy a pint for about $3.75 and a bottle is about $3.50 regular price, Happy hour they are about 2 bucks! So a $4 or $5 beer is steep.

But the mixed drink/frozen drink prices at $5.25 is a fairly decent deal you won't find many restaurants on land charging that for a Pina Colada or Jack and Coke. (upwards to $6 at a chilis or On the border)

Overally

Well, I don't drink beer, and as you say, the cocktails are priced like anywhere else (or cheaper). And of course, DH can get a pint of beer at our local pub for $3 on their special 'pint night', but then we're down the block from home, not in a resort atmosphere with a view of the ocean on the way to an exotic place, etc, etc. I guess it's all in one's perspective.

sailor44: I love Jack and Diet. If I have a balcony I pre-order the bottle from bon Voyage. I do not want to work hard to "save" a few dollars.

If I have an inside it is just too depressing to drink in the room so I would be buying all my drinks at the bar.

I agree with cathyz. Sure I can get buzzed at home for less, But is not nearly as fun. To me the prices are reasonable. I do not smuggle but many of my friends do.

BTW I find I do drink more on vacation w/o the worry of having to drive.

Tom in Long Beach

Archived