• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

M/Y Harmony V - Variety Cruise line??

ATLien928

I've searched the internet far and wide, and can't find a single photo of Variety Cruise's ship the M/Y Harmony V. Has anyone on here ever taken the Greek cruise with them on this yacht? :confused: Does this yacht even exsist?

Thier website only has computer annomated images of the vessel.

http://www.varietycruises.com/variety-cruises/M-Y-Harmony-V.asp

I found this page:

http://www.cruisingholidays.co.uk/greek-islands-cruises/harmony.htm

Apparently the Harmony V & Harmony G are sister ships. It does not say which vessel the photos are of. The Harmony V was built in 2008 so they may not have gotten around to posting photos of her on the English version of their web sites.

Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

I just returned from a Variety Cruises sail that I booked months ago, to be on the Harmony V. One week before we were set to sail, we were told that the ship had been changed to the Harmony G for "technical reasons". We were assured that the ships were comparable. Well, if these ships were comporable, then there has been some serious use of photoshop going on. To make a long story short, the Harmony V is not in use. The staff on board said it was still in dry dock due to problems with governmental paperwork, although the picture above shows it in the water. I don't know what to believe at this point. I do know that other people on the boat booked the cruise two weeks before the sail date of 5/13/09 and were sold the Harmony V, not G. I would think they knew by then the Harmony V was not going to sail, but selected to keep that information quiet until the sale was made, although I can't be certain.

Interesting....

I got the photos from the NYC office, and do not know when the photos were taken.

Other than the switch in vessel, how was the cruise and the Harmony G?

I have the Classical Greece from Athens trip booked in July. I'd appreciated any advise or comments you could give.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Hi. I've been on Harmony V, on the cruise from 31st of July and I definitely can say it was an amazing experience. We chose "Variety" cruise, because we preferred a smaller vessel to allow us enjoy the Greek islands and Greek atmosphere, without depending on fix hours and tenders use, etc. We've been 2 couples, but we met on board people from all over the world, US, Canada, Australia, Croatia, France, Spain or Malta. We had a great time. We all became friends, exchanged email addresses, and most important had lots of fun. Santorini is breathtaking, the sunset was one of the best moments of my life. As for Mikonos and the rest of the islands, words are not enough to express the beauty, the variety and the savour these places carry. I will reccommend to you all to go on this cruise, it's a life time experience, we already decided to try with them the cruise they have in the Red Sea this winter. The cabins are great, the food on board was delicious, and the personnel super friendly and nice. You will enjoy the outside areas, spacious and inviting. Check the photos for a hint(in the background we have caught also our yacht, Harmony V).

1790999753_cruiseharmonyV046.jpg.1f90a513d78c375a857d583ba46cdeed.jpg

1576578972_cruisingtoSantorini.jpg.de21429d2421d3df365b6c565e0eaf1c.jpg

1444259601_HarmonyVintheCaldera.jpg.9ead5b8a8c9bd7d44f687f931eda1ef9.jpg

Archived