• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Problem with getting docs when downgrading!

manmtnmike

Using a favorite Ta....We rescheduled our 7 day to a 6 day....downgraded from Balcony to Ocean view, and therefore had a credit balance in onboard credit...

From some reason they're telling us we owe $64 when we have over $300 credit:confused:

Won't let us print docs?!

Anyone else have this problem?

Mike

Seems like you should have credit but is 6 day priced differently (higher)

due to being filled or something ? More details please ?

No, no, no... we saved lots of $$, I think there was a problem in my Ta "skirting" some requirements of the early saver program, and then booking without it--because of it was not available.

Mike

If you were originally booked early saver, the entire $500 deposit will be held and should be applied as $400 OBC if you rebooked. Im not clear if you were originally booked early saver, or now booked or what?

Call your TA, thats all you can do. Since we dont know any prices or dates, none of us can even say what it "should" be.

If you were originally booked early saver, the entire $500 deposit will be held and should be applied as $400 OBC if you rebooked. Im not clear if you were originally booked early saver, or now booked or what?

Call your TA, thats all you can do. Since we dont know any prices or dates, none of us can even say what it "should" be.

I was initially booked early saver, paid the $100 fee for changing bookings,. Now we are beyond final payment and yes, I'm expecting the remainder to be credited as onboard credit.

Just posting as info so we just don't take it for granted that everything works as you expect.

Mike

A few extra details might help.

You should get your deposit from the cancelled Early Saver booking back as credit on next cruise, less $50 per person "penalty".

Sincle next cruise is so soon, you most likely were not able to book it at the Early Saver rate, and had to book it as some other booking and at the current rates for that cruise, for the Oceanview Category that you indicated. What booking (Fun Select, Fun Saver, Past Guest.......) type did TA book you and what Category (6A, 6B.....) did TA book you?

ken

I was initially booked early saver, paid the $100 fee for changing bookings,. Now we are beyond final payment and yes, I'm expecting the remainder to be credited as onboard credit.

Just posting as info so we just don't take it for granted that everything works as you expect.

Mike

I was under the impression that the OBC is used on the ship, not taken off your balance.

I was under the impression that the OBC is used on the ship, not taken off your balance.

yes, it's onboard credit...onboard.

A few extra details might help.

You should get your deposit from the cancelled Early Saver booking back as credit on next cruise, less $50 per person "penalty".

Sincle next cruise is so soon, you most likely were not able to book it at the Early Saver rate, and had to book it as some other booking and at the current rates for that cruise, for the Oceanview Category that you indicated. What booking (Fun Select, Fun Saver, Past Guest.......) type did TA book you and what Category (6A, 6B.....) did TA book you?

ken

Yes, but my TA using CCL's e-solution dept was able to get it changed to onboard credit for the same sailing.

Mike

Credit for a price drop is given as OBC to your S&S account.

As a separate/different issue, If you cancel and book another cruise in a year you get credit (less $50 pp penalty) toward cost of that next cruise. ken

manmtnmike - Normally you would not be able to print E-Docs if you have a balance due - the fact that you can't print your e-docs and that they show you owing $64 would worry me.

Keep us posted?

ken

manmtnmike - Normally you would not be able to print E-Docs if you have a balance due - the fact that you can't print your e-docs and that they show you owing $64 would worry me.

Keep us posted?

ken

Hey Ken,

Finally got it settled and printed my docs.....The TA mailed CCL a check for $64, something about a lower price because of taking less commision.

My TA argued my habit of regular twice a year cruising....and the overage was indeed credited on THIS cruise even tho the Early Saver policy indicates that it would be as onboard credit of NEXT cruise....so, apparently,there is some flexibility of rule bending.

Mike

Archived