• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Group Perks? Alcohol Card?

bigvin21

The unlimited alcohol card is reportedly only available for large corporate bookings (like several hundred) via Carnival. There have also been posts of selected TA's doing this, again for LARGE groups. ken

Perks for a group depend upon the size of the group. I believe that groups get points depending upon how many are in the group. How those points are used or distributed is up to the TA (or other person) doing the booking. I believe they offer options that you use the points for. I think someone posted a link to the group cruise info recently. Try searching on "Group Cruise" and maybe add "points" as well if you get too many hits.

The unlimited alcohol card is reportedly only available for large corporate bookings (like several hundred) via Carnival. There have also been posts of selected TA's doing this, again for LARGE groups. ken

This is exactly right. Carnival has changed their availability policy on this in the last few months.

As for group perks...... Briefly.....

Weight them carefully. Personally, I would book EarlySaver and be eligible for ALL price decreases until the day you sail. With a group you are technically and contractually obligated to the pricing when you set up the group.

A PVP also told me that if you book Early saver and put a "group" of cabins in your name and address (everyone pay theirs via their own card) that at about 10 days out you can Likely (not guaranteed like group contract) get some perks like a free berth, or a private party.

I heard rumor that if you book a group, members of that group have an option to buy an alcohol card? Does anyone know if this is true?

This is correct, however there is a minimum number required before they will allow this. Also every member of the group must buy the alcohol card. All or nothing...:confused:

Ken,

Thanks for the quick response.

Do we know what other perks there are for a group?

Thanks

I believe If you book 8 cabins (16 people) with Carnival, one person of the 16 gets free cruise fare (not govt fees & taxes); I don't know if Carnival does other points/perks.

If you book a group with TA, they will give you a lower "group rate" and some number of "points" that you can choose to use for OBC or goodies.

You as an individual get in on a TA's group booking where they have reserved XX cabins and "re-sell" to you at a TA group rate (you have no connection with the "group") - there may or not be points associated with this.

As a "group" you generally don't get price drops, since you're in a different booking that has a lower initial fare (some have reported getting price drops when the carnival rates drop below group fare....)

ken

Ken,

Thanks for the quick response.

Do we know what other perks there are for a group?

Thanks

I just got off the Spirit with my group of 28. We were offered our choice of perks. We opted for a $100.00 per cabin OBC. We could have had a private group party with open bar for an hour, but felt the OBC was a better option. As group leader My catagory 8H balcony cabin was comped, all I had to pay was taxes and port charges.

In addition we recieved several gifts in our cabin from the Hotel Director. A bottle of champagne, a fruit basket and a few other goodies.We were also assigned a group coordinator to help us with our group needs. She set up a group photo for us and I had her cell phone number in case we needed something else.

We currently have a group, about 18 cabins, booked for the Pride. I looked into that for our group and was told we could do it but it was like $40 per day per person and everyone in the group had to do it. So of course it wasn't for us. We also will receive one comp for every 8 cabins and an OBC.

We currently have a group, about 18 cabins, booked for the Pride. I looked into that for our group and was told we could do it but it was like $40 per day per person and everyone in the group had to do it. So of course it wasn't for us. We also will receive one comp for every 8 cabins and an OBC.

Thanks for the great info. $40 per person per day might not be too bad if we are going with a younger crowd that can drink like fish.

So, a group CC cruise would not be considered corporate :eek:? That seems a bit unfair. What if we made up a name :D? Just what is considered LARGE?

So, a group CC cruise would not be considered corporate :eek:? That seems a bit unfair. What if we made up a name :D? Just what is considered LARGE?

Beats Me! I'd give the 800 number a call and ask for the Group Booking desk and see what they have to say. You could also do a SEARCH in this Forum - I know there have been some past Threads on this subject. You might also Google "booze cruise" and such to see what TA's might be advertising. Seems like the price was fairly steep and that everyone in the group did have to opt in. If you find anything informative, post it? ken

ON a corporate group booking...... One entity has to pay for all pax including TIPS and all up front.

Archived