• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

PoA: Molokini Crater or Molokini & Dolphin

2disneydads

I am hoping that some folks out there can help us determine what are the differences between the two Molokini trips offered on the Pride of America in Maui. We currently are booked on the Molokini Crater Snorkel for the 1st day in Maui, which I have learned from the boards is a pretty good tour operated by the Pacific Whale Foundation. But I now have noticed that the other tour, which is Molokini & Dolphin tour, is rated (by NCL at least) as family friendly. We'll be with our daughters, who will be 7 and 5 at the time. This tour runs only on the second day and leaves a little earlier than the Molokini Crater Snorkel. Both tours visit Molokini and Turtle Town/Turtle Arches. Does anyone know why the one tour is considered family friendly and the other is not? I could not get a good answer from NCL when I asked. Does anyone have experience with either of these tours, especially for children who can swim and who will be taking snorkeling lessons before we go to Hawaii? The prices are similar, so cost is not an issue.

Thank you!

I do not know the answer to that but what to let you know what we are doing. We are going in Aug. also with a 5 & 7 year old. We booked the Lanai snorkel and dolphin through Pacific Whale Foundation. Looks to be kid friendly. Whatever you choose have a great time. I would love to hear how the kids like it as my kids have been practicing with their snorkels at swimming class.

Molika is a bit over rated because you can see it clearly from shore... I guess if you have never snorkeled with fish before it could be fun but you pay for it. And the whale watching.. you can see it all from shore!

I won't make any tuna can and dolphin jokes here

Molokini is fun, and the boat ride out is beautiful. It is very deep around the edge and great for viewing - ince the water is so crisp & clear. Just remember its full sun for about a 45 min ride out and back. Good chance you'll see dolphins on both tours :)

Archived