• Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Can you rent a car right at the pier in Bora Bora and Morea

Caroldoll

Ia orana

Yes and no are the best answers

If you are lucky and have time , yes

If the other passengers got off the ship on the previous tender and had the same idea, NO the number of cars available are limited.

Trust me, I have lost 2 hours once to wait for any car to return to the lot so I could get a car.....Time is money in FP.

Contact Avis before hand and place a reservation.

Meherio

Your Welcome!

When we were in Moorea, we actually rented from Albert Rent a car. They were located near the pier. When you get off the ship, turn right, and go through all the vendors, towards the street. Alberts was out near the road with a little desk, no sign. Just ask for them. They were half the cost of Avis, and very handy. Here is there website:

http://www.albert-transport.net/p8_gb.asp

We paid about $95.00 for the 5 door automatic for the 8 hours. After you get the car, you will stop and get $10. worth of gas, and it is plenty for you to drive around the island. The tank is almost empty when you get it.

I couldn't remember the name of the company yesterday, and found it. Hope this helps too. Wish we were going back soon, but not to be for a while yet. The French Polynesian Islands are so beautiful!

Ia orana

Do call Avis Moorea at 011-689-56 32 68 and ask for Sandrine

she will set you up for both Moorea and Bora Bora. the debate of pricing still goes on for Moorea, Albert car rental has indeed the lowest prices, that's a given but you are only getting a third party liability coverage. Read in case of any problem, you now own a piece of modern art on Moorea.

I get each time a better insurance coverage through Avis ( And also pay for the no deductible coverage ) that's called peace of mind.

Avis has for the past few years recognized the members of cruisecrritic and trip advisor and have extended special rates/ discounts or upgrades easch time a forum member iddentified themselves.

Lastly Once again I have no financial arrangements with Avis for the recommendation, I am just passing on some information that I do use when I need a replacement for the meherio-mobile. Great service, new cars, great prices/ coverage. tha's all you want.

meherio

Ia orana,

Avis Moorea and Sandrine are allright and well right now on Moorea I want to reassure you.

Sandrine has experienced some technical problem at the beginning of the week that prevented her to respond to you straight away as she would normally do. Keep also in mind that she has a couple of days off per week to enjoy the beauty of moorea and the beach.

Bon voyage

meherio

• 2 months later...

We just returned from Tahiti. On the recommendations posted in this thread, I pre-booked (and paid for) a rental car in Moorea with Avis for 8500 XCP for 8 hours. As I waited to pick up the car, I was very chagrined to hear the same car quoted for 7000. When I questioned the rate difference, she told me it was because we pre-booked and the new rate was to "stay competitive." There seemed to be plenty of cars available, by the way. We were glad we'd rented a car there as it was easy to drive around and see everything, however couldn't help but feel a tad ripped off.

Archived