• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Alilaguna from Cruise Port to Airport...Is this the best way?

Armeanie14

We will need to get from Stazione Marittima to the Airport to catch an 11:45am flight to Naples, Italy. Do you think the Alilaguna is the best way to get there? I guess I am worried about time since I have no idea when we will get to disembark the cruise ship. Is there another form of transportation that would be better? We are a group of 6 and we will all have 1 large suitcase and a smaller carry-on.

I do not think Alilaguna is the best way to do this. The Alilaguna route to the airport would be a rather long trip through the Venice lagoon.

There are public buses from Piazzale Roma to VCE. actv.it should have schedules.

It's probably only about a thirty minute land taxi trip to the airport. That is probably the way that I would do it.

I agree. When we took Alilaguna at the port, it ONLY went to St. Mark's. But, if there are 6 of you, why not go out in style with a water taxi? It won't be that much split amongst you and will be very convenient since you can get on right at the port, and not have to schlep your luggage to Piazzale Roma to catch the bus.

Just a thought!

Cathy

I agree. When we took Alilaguna at the port, it ONLY went to St. Mark's. But, if there are 6 of you, why not go out in style with a water taxi? It won't be that much split amongst you and will be very convenient since you can get on right at the port, and not have to schlep your luggage to Piazzale Roma to catch the bus.

Just a thought!

Cathy

Thanks Cathy...I think we may look into this since we have a plane to catch. Do you know about how much this will cost us?

I went to ACTV.it and did not see "Airport" listed as a destination. Is it called something different?

I'm sorry, I gave you the wrong link. The airport express bus is not operated by ACTV which operates the water busses and local land busses.

For the airport express try www.atvo.it the English link is in the top right corner of the home page. The cost is 3Euro and luggage goes underneath the bus. Depending on how much luggage you have getting to P. Roma could be a problem.

You should be able to get a land taxi from the cruise terminal to the airport. I'm not sure of the cost, with six people you would probably have to take two.

The fastest and easiest way is to just take a regular taxi. No need for water taxi or alilaguna as the port is close to the main land and there is a road. If you want to save a little money than drag your luggage the half mile to the ACTV bus.

The fastest and easiest way is to just take a regular taxi. No need for water taxi or alilaguna as the port is close to the main land and there is a road. If you want to save a little money than drag your luggage the half mile to the ACTV bus.

Really? The map I was looking at doesn't show the port connecting to the airport by road at all....

Really? The map I was looking at doesn't show the port connecting to the airport by road at all....

Yes. The port is just off the bridge/causeway connecting the mainland to P. Roma.

The fastest would be a taxi, however one taxi will not take all of you.

Most ships offer a bus transfer from the terminal to the airport. Cheaper than taxi and they normally schedule you based on your departure times.

Hope this will help.

Archived