Just booked on Carnival Destiny...............

alexisemma31

on a 4 night cruise from Miami, to Key west and Cozumel. We sail on 6th August with out two children age 16 and 17.

We booked a balcony stateroom on Empress deck, room number 7266. For those of you in the know, is this a good spot on the ship???

Any hints, tips or advice for the cruise would be appreciated - we are cruise virgins!!!!

on a 4 night cruise from Miami, to Key west and Cozumel. We sail on 6th August with out two children age 16 and 17.

We booked a balcony stateroom on Empress deck, room number 7266. For those of you in the know, is this a good spot on the ship???

Any hints, tips or advice for the cruise would be appreciated - we are cruise virgins!!!!

I myself loved the Empress deck. With that deck you have cabins above and below yours. No worries about what noises you may have filter through. Another reason, just 2 decks up is the Lido and 2 decks down is the main 5th deck that goes all the way across the ship. Makes for easier navigation. That is the main thing to remember on this ship. Deck 5 is key.

I know you will have a great cruise!! :D

Sounds like your cabin is in a good location. We just got off this same itinerary this past Monday, and we had a great time! Make sure you check out Brad in the Piano bar one evening. He was great! And the Late Night Deck Party after you leave Cozumel is a lot of fun!

Sounds like your cabin is in a good location. We just got off this same itinerary this past Monday, and we had a great time! Make sure you check out Brad in the Piano bar one evening. He was great! And the Late Night Deck Party after you leave Cozumel is a lot of fun!

Glad the cabin is in a good location.

Have you any other hints and tips as we've never cruised before?

What time did you dine in the dining room?

Glad the cabin is in a good location.

Have you any other hints and tips as we've never cruised before?

What time did you dine in the dining room?

We were on the Destiny in March. We were on the empress deck--it was great-- little to no noise.

Things to remember-- pizza and ice cream are available 24 hours (the pizza is awesome)-- adult only pool is aft/Lido deck-- get your picture taken on board, in ports etc.. you do not have to buy them (also get a release for the ones you do buy so you can make copies at kiosk later)-- Miami Vices are the best drinks (get them virgin for the teenagers)-- punch a hole in your sign and sail and put it on a lanyard (you need it a lot)--don't over pack, there is a self-serve laundry onboard-- if you buy internet time, buy a package don't do it by the minute-- take sunscreen stronger than you normally would use-- take an extension cord -- on the Destiny, you can anywhere from Deck 5.

Most important thing to remember is -- have a good attitude and you will have a great time!!! Have a blast-- welcome to the addiction.

We were on the Destiny in March. We were on the empress deck--it was great-- little to no noise.

Things to remember-- pizza and ice cream are available 24 hours (the pizza is awesome)-- adult only pool is aft/Lido deck-- get your picture taken on board, in ports etc.. you do not have to buy them (also get a release for the ones you do buy so you can make copies at kiosk later)-- Miami Vices are the best drinks (get them virgin for the teenagers)-- punch a hole in your sign and sail and put it on a lanyard (you need it a lot)--don't over pack, there is a self-serve laundry onboard-- if you buy internet time, buy a package don't do it by the minute-- take sunscreen stronger than you normally would use-- take an extension cord -- on the Destiny, you can anywhere from Deck 5.

Most important thing to remember is -- have a good attitude and you will have a great time!!! Have a blast-- welcome to the addiction.

Thank you so much for some great advice:)

We? Does that mean 2 parents and 2 teens? If so, be prepared because the rooms are SMALL. But for a 4-night cruise, it shouldn't be a problem. The balcony helps, too.

I love the Destiny - one of my favorite ships. As someone said, the piano bar is not to be missed. They allow smoking in there, but it was too good to pass up - and I have asthma!!! It was worth the extra hit on my inhaler. :)

Don't miss the shows - Carnival always does a great job with entertainment.

I always book the late seating dinner at 8:15. While that is a little late for dinner, you don't have to rush back from port or from the pool to get ready for dinner at 6:15. Also, you can get pizza, salad and ice cream 24 hours a day, which the teens will LOVE.

Key West is a lot of fun, just walk up and down Duval Street and take in the sights. The beach is awful there so don't bother.

Cozumel is the place for the beach. We went to Nachi Cocom, which is a private beach club about a 10 minute cab ride from the ship. It was $49 per person (not sure what the teens would be), which included open bar all day, 3-course surprisingly good lunch, beautiful beach and pool. They have a website - check it out.

Have a great time! Be prepared to get hooked - cruising is definitely addictive.

In Cozumel-- I agree Nachi Cocom is great. However, Paradise Beach would be good for the teens. Margaritaville is also enjoyable-- outside seating has a great view.

Key West-- you can walk almost everywhere. There is also a trolley that lets you get on and off. Don't forget photo opt at the southern most point and you must try the chocolate dipped key lime pie on a stick, yummy.

Thank you all soooooo much!!!!!!

I am so excited and can't wait till we sail.

Has anyone been to Mr Sancho's at Cozumel? This is the one we've been looking at, but you've mentioned N... Cochum (I think this is spelt wrong, sorry) and paradise island. Which would be best for 2 teens aged 16 and 17?

Mr. Sancho's and Paradise Beach are both great beaches! I haven't been to Paradise in a few years, but I just went to Mr. Sancho's last year. We had an awesome time, and only spent $40 for food and drinks. It was just me and my daughters. I have pictures from Mr. Sancho's in my Imagination review. The link's in my signature. (I did see several teenagers there.)

We went to Mr. Sanchos last October, and by far the best beach we went to in Cozumel (been there 5 times) Take a local cab from the port. It is safe and they will be there to pick you up, just give them a return time. The food & drinks there were good too. I was so surprised to find this, we usually shop and hit Senior Frogs/Carlos n' Charlies and by the time the 2nd Margarita goes down, we can care less about seeing anything. So we make sure we hit Sanchos beach for a couple of hours prior to Carlos... They have service on the beach, bring you drinks and food too! BEAUTIFUL!

Archived