• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Yacht Havens itinerary for 2010 sailings

Marketing Girl

Anyone considering or already booked on this itinerary for 2010 Med cruises?

I'm considering the August 5, 2010 sailing on Nautica. I'm trying to understand the pricing given the promotions. I haven't sailed Oceania yet, but it sounds great.

I've sailed Princess to the Caribbean (Grand Princess) during its first year, Radiance of the Seas to Alaska during its first year, and just last summer did Celebrity Galaxy to the Greek Isles. The itinerary on the latter was super but the ship and food was disappointing.

:)

Anyone considering or already booked on this itinerary for 2010 Med cruises?

I'm considering the August 5, 2010 sailing on Nautica. I'm trying to understand the pricing given the promotions. I haven't sailed Oceania yet, but it sounds great.

:)

The pricing on the special promotion includes air but not the air taxes ...you can however opt out of the included air & get a reduction in the posted price

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/findcruise/westernmediterranean/nau100805/fares.aspx

the price in the Special Promotion column is PER PERSON

Check the Roll Call section for others on that sailing

Food is subjective but overall gets high marks;)

enjoy the cruise

Lyn

The pricing is tricky - "free air" not exactly - but if you price the cruise / the cabin you want without air that will give you a base price - air is probably running around $1200 per person, if you buy it or if the "free air" is included.

We got $1200pp air credit towards our SA cruise making it a bargain (air cost $1200 for the two of us). I suggest that you look into flying direct from the States to one of the major European hubs (could be say Heathrow, Gatwick, Paris, Amsterdam), perhaps stop over a couple of days and then get a cheap European flight (plenty of choices) to and from the port. You could open jaw it, i.e., to fly into say Heathrow and out of another port (especially easy on a US carrier).

Off course when you look into fly into/from the departure/arrival port on the day the ship leaves/departure it's going to be expensive. I got a return to London from Denver direct with British Airways for $550 in June. There are a lot of offers at the moment with free nights in London etc. Just try to be a bit flexible and why not take a few days longer to enjoy Europe! :)

Thanks for the tips. I'm really interested in this cruise.

Looking at the ports, can anyone figure out if many are doable on your own? That is, step off the ship and explore the location on foot? Not talking about Rome or Barcelona, but the Riviera stops in between.

Hi!

We booked this cruise for June 17, 2010. Love the itinerary and the price!

You can definitely do Monte Carlo and Cannes also on your own.

Barcelona and Rome have hop-on hop-off buses which are a great way to explore each city.

Rhea

I am also considering that cruise, or the alternate sailing on June 17. I am most attracted to the new ports in France. I called about pricing without air for a single and was quoted $5138.50+$599.85 for insurance for the Aug. 5 sailing. I am really leaning towards this cruise although I have not sailed Oceania before. Jacques Pepin's menu is also enticing.

Archived