Bus/Ferry pass?

MillbrookMom

Hi Marie! Of course, I remember you. How is your daughter? Is she married yet? Hope you are well. Too bad we are missing each other on the Explorer by only a few cruises.

Hi Melanie - no, she is not married yet and still cruising with mom! She is a teacher now - so unfortunately our cruising has to revolve around a school schedule. Looking forward to reading about your experiences on the Explorer when you get back.

We are docking in KW, where is the closest place to buy the 3 day bus/ferry passes?

Your best bet is to check on board the ship on the way to Bermuda. I don't know about NCL, but Royal Caribbean sold me a pass at cost on my two cruises there.

If you have to wait until you get there, the last time I was there, they were selling them out of a little trailer office right by the ferry pier. If you pull up my Cruise map of Kings Wharf, and zoom in on the "Dockyard Ferry Terminal" marker, you can see the trailer there.

Theron

Your best bet is to check on board the ship on the way to Bermuda. I don't know about NCL, but Royal Caribbean sold me a pass at cost on my two cruises there.

If you have to wait until you get there, the last time I was there, they were selling them out of a little trailer office right by the ferry pier. If you pull up my Cruise map of Kings Wharf, and zoom in on the "Dockyard Ferry Terminal" marker, you can see the trailer there.

Theron

NCL doesn't sell passes/tickets on board. RC sells passes.

My sister and I will be on EOS on May 9th, we have 2 days in Bermuda. The plan was to go to Horseshoe Bay the first day and then the original (believe that is the closest to the ship) Swizzle Inn on the second day. So, the question is would it be better for us to buy tickets or passes? We don't know if any of these two locations require us to take the ferry (which if I understand correctly doesn't accept the tickets) so we don't know which we should purchase. Thanks...

My sister and I will be on EOS on May 9th, we have 2 days in Bermuda. The plan was to go to Horseshoe Bay the first day and then the original (believe that is the closest to the ship) Swizzle Inn on the second day. So, the question is would it be better for us to buy tickets or passes? We don't know if any of these two locations require us to take the ferry (which if I understand correctly doesn't accept the tickets) so we don't know which we should purchase. Thanks...

The ferry between Hamilton and the Dockyards does. if this is all you are doing....its one ticket each way to the Horseshoe. and to Swizzle Ferry to Hamilton and then a bus -two tickets each way...so its either $20 per person for two two days passes($40 total). you need 6 tickets per person for your itinerary.... Or $30 total for 15 tickets which will do it as well. Your choice....

We don't know if any of these two locations require us to take the ferry (which if I understand correctly doesn't accept the tickets) so we don't know which we should purchase. Thanks...

Don't know where you got that information but the ferries DO accept the tickets, unless things changed since last year.:)

smeyer figured it all out for you but like he also said, if this is all you're going to do, the tickets are the way to go. If you want to go somewhere else you can always pay as you go for additional trips.

Don't know where you got that information but the ferries DO accept the tickets, unless things changed since last year.:)

smeyer figured it all out for you but like he also said, if this is all you're going to do, the tickets are the way to go. If you want to go somewhere else you can always pay as you go for additional trips.

Yeah, I guess I must have misread the ferry thing... also after doing more reading I think the new Swizzle Inn would be closer to getting back to the ship. I've been reading these threads most of the day to absorb some information and it's just a lot of new information to take in...

Yeah, I guess I must have misread the ferry thing... also after doing more reading I think the new Swizzle Inn would be closer to getting back to the ship. I've been reading these threads most of the day to absorb some information and it's just a lot of new information to take in...

Yes, sometimes we all suffer from information overload.;)

The new Swizzle Inn will be closer for you, it is a little beyond Horseshoe Bay toward Hamilton. The original is at the opposite end of the island near St. George. Nice to have 2 locations that are close to both docking places so all cruisers can easily get to one.:)

Yes, sometimes we all suffer from information overload.;)

The new Swizzle Inn will be closer for you, it is a little beyond Horseshoe Bay toward Hamilton. The original is at the opposite end of the island near St. George. Nice to have 2 locations that are close to both docking places so all cruisers can easily get to one.:)

Do you know if it's a walkable distance between Horseshoe Bay and the new Swizzle Inn? thanks again :)

Do you know if it's a walkable distance between Horseshoe Bay and the new Swizzle Inn? thanks again :)

It's walkable but I wouldn't recommend it. Bermuda roads are narrow with no shoulder. Some places it's scary just waiting for the bus....you feel like you need to really "suck it in" or a bus might rip off the buttons on your shirt.:p

This is one reason why a pass can be better than the tickets, you can jump on and off without having to worry if you'll have enough tickets....just something to think about.

We docked at KW & just walked across to the ticket booth & bought a 2day pass for $20.ea. It is good for the bus & the ferry. The lady who sold the tickets didn't make it clear until my husband pulled it out of her. We took the bus into Hamilton to shop & look around, then took another bus heading for St. George. We saw the Swizzle Inn & got off & had lunch. The bus stop is right across the street & we took it back to Hamilton. Then we took the ferry back to KW. The next day we took the ferry to St. George, walked around a little & took it back. Well worth the $$. As somebody else mentioned don't forget the sunscreen & hold onto your hat if you're wearing one!

Wish I was going back with you.:D

..The general consensus is that the bus/ferry pass system the easiest & most

IMPORTANTLY the SAFEST way to get around Bermuda. I've been there many times as a cruise director & port lecturer on several ships.

Whatever you do..STAY AWAY FROM THE SCOOTERS/MOPEDS..!!

The roads in Bermuda are quite narrow..blind spots everywhere..& they drive on the LEFT..

There are countless incidents involving passengers each season ranging from simple scrapes to horrific deaths..

Plenty of warnings onboard as you're sailing to Bermuda.

On my last cruise a honeymoon couple admitted to hearing/reading the warning..& chose to ignore it...ended up having a terrible accident.

He fractured his shoulder..she (a fitness instructor)..smashed her kneecap.

Stick to the buses/ferries..

Enjoy..!

Archived