FLL Car Shuttle to Port

Warm Breezes

my response would be you can probably use it if you rent with any of the rental car agencies that have rental facililties on site at the airport. We rented from Avis, and when we returned the car, we asked the AVIS workers where to pick up the shuttle. They seemed a bit confused and said that they didn't think AVIS had continued to particpate in this service, but that the shuttle goes from out front of the rental car terminal. We decided to try, and noone ever asked us for any proof that we had rented from any car rental company, let alone one on property.

That being said, our sailing was Easter Sunday. We got to the rental shuttle about 10:40 and we told they wouldn't start taking people until 11 or 11:10 as they were still bring back cruisers from the previous weeks sailing. In the half hour we waited, it got very crowded out front, and the shuttles were very crowded once they loaded. Then they stop at all the various ships, so it could be a long ride on the shuttle. I'm pretty impatient, so next time I will definitely opt for a cab and a direct ride to the ship.

...the shuttles were very crowded once they loaded. Then they stop at all the various ships, so it could be a long ride on the shuttle. I'm pretty impatient, so next time I will definitely opt for a cab and a direct ride to the ship.

Absolutely agreed. A cab to the pier from the airport is about 15 bucks, well worth it to get there in a few minutes' time.

Thank you for your opinions, but I have yet to get an answer to my question. I will try to plan things out so we will avoid the initial lines to the cruise ships (thanks for the heads up). We are not an impatient family and we will be arriving at PBI the day before and leaving the day after from PBI so we will not need to rush anywhere. I'd like rent a car before/after the cruise to/from PBI/FLL. I'd rather save the taxi money for some umbrella drinks once I get on board. Back to my original question - Does anyone know which car rental agencies at the FLL Car Rental Center contract with the shuttle bus to/from Port Everglades?

Thank you for your opinions, but I have yet to get an answer to my question. I will try to plan things out so we will avoid the initial lines to the cruise ships (thanks for the heads up). We are not an impatient family and we will be arriving at PBI the day before and leaving the day after from PBI so we will not need to rush anywhere. I'd like rent a car before/after the cruise to/from PBI/FLL. I'd rather save the taxi money for some umbrella drinks once I get on board. Back to my original question - Does anyone know which car rental agencies at the FLL Car Rental Center contract with the shuttle bus to/from Port Everglades?

Don't you hate it when your question isn't answered?

Having said that... I'm gonna kinda not answer it as well. I think I read that Thrifty did not participate in the FLL shuttle service because they have their own facility at the entrance to the port - Miami Road I believe is the name of the street. We in fact used this office to return our rental in January, and while it was a bit of a madhouse 11 ships in port!), I felt they worked as efficiently as possible, and the shuttle worked quite well. The only thing you have to watch is if Thrifty has a drop-off fee for renting at PBI and returning in Ft. Lauderdale.

Archived