Cayo Levantado Beach Escape

Are there changing facilities here or do you wear your bathing suit back on the tender ?

I didn't see any changing rooms there. There is a bathroom near the dock, but it's not too big.

Think of it like going to the pool on the ship; wear what you will feel comfortable walking the to and from your cabin. (The boats have bench seats that seat 3 comfortably, but on the way back they had us squeeze 4 on a bench, so you will be close to your neighbor.)

Aloha,

John

• 2 weeks later...

We loved our day at Levantado on Aug 4th (Grandeur of the Seas). Grandeur uses lifeboats for tenders in Samana - I almost think the Levantado tenders were better. The day we were there the seas were rocking and rolling. All tendering was going very slowly (and late). We enjoyed the beach at Cayo more than the beach at Labadee the next day. Here are my pics of the tenders and a few of the beach. The only thing they can improve on is the food - it was yuch! We are planning on going again next year when we sail Enchantment - possibly doing the snorkel and beach - this year we just did the beach.

Tenders:

2599684830103236660S500x500Q85.jpg 2527263980103236660S500x500Q85.jpg

Beach:

2850736590103236660S500x500Q85.jpg 2942359220103236660S500x500Q85.jpg

Lifeboat Tender Used for other Samana Excursions:

2392913540103236660S500x500Q85.jpg

I didn't see any changing rooms there. There is a bathroom near the dock, but it's not too big.

Think of it like going to the pool on the ship; wear what you will feel comfortable walking the to and from your cabin. (The boats have bench seats that seat 3 comfortably, but on the way back they had us squeeze 4 on a bench, so you will be close to your neighbor.)

Aloha,

John

We were on the same cruise as John - my 13 yo DD used the restroom at Cayo - it is very small and primitive - I would not change clothes there. The toilet flushes but absolutely no paper products (including toilet paper) can be flushed. As John noted - everyone on the tender back has just come from the beach - most threw on a tee shirt or bathing suit cover up.

• 2 months later...

Just reading this thread.

We were in Cayo Levantado last January from MSC Orchestra. As I recall this was assigned at that time as their "island stop". We tendered on shore using MSC lifeboats and were happy with that considering it rained for our return to the ship and an open boat would have been chilly. We did not pay extra as an excursion as this was their "private" stop for a beach break. The beach is actually an extension from a resort on the island. Food was available for a fee ($10) and I recall a little stretch of vendors between the tender wharf and the beach area selling the usual crafts and tee shirts.

All that being said it was a perfect beach day even with the rain and I would definitely go back there.

I just got back from a cruise on the NCL Pearl and our first stop was Samana. We booked this excursion, even though we thought 49$ a person was a little steep. We were very happy with our choice. It was a great beach day. The water was clear and beautiful and the sand was like powdered sugar. The snorkeling was also awesome! We saw many fish, starfish, sand dollars, ect. They had a bbq that was fairly reasonable right on the beach. The bathrooms/changing rooms were a good size and kept clean. I read above that you can't flush any paper products or there arent any available. This was not the case when I was there. There was toilet paper, that could be flushed. And there was paper toweling to dry your hands off. There were also many local vendors. I purchased a necklace and bracelet with the carribean stone "luminar" for $20 for both. In our next stops at St Thomas and Tortola I saw the same necklaces and the cheapest they went for was $39.99. All in all, it was a great relaxing day and this was our second favorite stop. :)

Happy cruising!

Did you wear a money belt/pouch tucked into your swim suit or just his your wallet/monety in a shoe on your towel? You never know what to do on beaches..Thanks for the useful info as to the beach itself. Planning to do this tour because I can't get a booking at the Bahia Principe resort there-NCL says its "closed" for our passengers that week. Can you see the resort from the Cayo Lev. beach itself?

Archived