RevNeal - LIVE from the Ryndam & Amsterdam

RevNeal

Excellent photos as always -thanks for sharing them with us!

As someone who lives here (and who was stuck in a tiny office for FAR too many hours today), it's neat to see others experience all the different sights we have here, that all too often we take for granted.

Bon Voyage!!

Thank you for the wonderful descriptions and photographs of Vancouver. In 7 weeks we leave Australia for our first trip ever to Alaska. We will be on the Ryndam for 14 days (Vancouver to Seward return). We were excited, but after seeing these photo's it really makes us "jump out of our skin":eek: (with anticipation). Look forward to your reports on the Ryndam. Have never been on a Holland America ship before so this should be interesting. (Previously RCL, P&O, Cunard and Russian Ships - one sank in the Milford Sound in New Zealand!!!):(.

Keep up posting those fantastic photos.

Here's a view from on top of Grouse Mountain. Very rainy, overcast day, so I couldn't get a good shot. But the clouds broke long enough for us to see the city below.

DSC06416.jpg

Don't miss the ship today! ;)

Janie: I'll make a point of reporting on the dinner choices each night. It may be in the form of a photograph of each menu. We'll see. It all depends upon what's the easiest way of doing it.

Thanks Janie for requesting this. I'm very anxious to see the dinner choices too.

RevNeal, I'll be on the Amsterdam in September so I'm really looking forward to all your reports and pictures. Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us!

Good Morning From Vancouver!!!

This morning at 6:17 the Ryndam made her appearance under the Lions Gate Bridge. I was sitting up in bed at the moment and managed to get the video camera going and was starting to take pictures as I woke my mother up to watch as "her ship came in!"

Here are some selected photos. Sometimes it was hard to focus through the window ... the video camera appeared to do a better job and, at some later date, I'll grab some screen captures from the video and see if I can't turn them into better photographs. Nevertheless ... here's the approach of the Ryndam to Canada Place on the morning of Friday, May 8, 2009.

rynvac01.jpg

rynvac02.jpg

rynvac03.jpg

rynvac04.jpg

rynvac05.jpg

rynvac06.jpg

rynvac08.jpg

rynvac09.jpg

rynvac10.jpg

The Ryndam made a slow, steady, stately approach to the pier, neither hurried nor pokey. She was followed in by the Norwegian Pearl -- which looks like someone has spilled paint on -- and by a Royal Caribbean tub. The RCI is parked behind the Ryndam. And, as I type this the Ryndam is announcing disembarkation procedures.

rynvac11.jpg

Yes, it's a busy day here at Canada Place. And, now, Mom and I are going to get ready and head down for breakfast at about 8:30 am local time, then we're going to walk around a bit before sending our luggage down and then heading down ourselves.

It's been fun reporting from our "cabin" here at the Pan Pacific. I don't know how much or how often I'll be reporting from the Ryndam. If it's convenient I'll report every day ... even if it's just the menu report.

Greg, thanks for the great photos. I see that you are in my favorite hotel there in Vancouver. Enjoy embarkation day. We wish that we were sailing with you.

I feel the excitement leaping out of my computer screen. Oh, how I wish I were there, too! I love Vancouver. I love the Ryndam! And I love Alaska.

So, why am I sitting at home reading about it?????

Please continue posting as much as possible. At least that way I can feel, just a little bit, like I'm there, too.

I am soooo jealous.

What wonderful photos, Greg. Thanks for sharing.

Hope you and your Mom continue to have a wonderful time!

Ryndam sure does look beautiful. Of course, she does! She is Maasdam's Sister. :D

Greg, because we have stayed at the Pan Pacific and got up early in the morning to watch the ships come in I can totally understand your excitement (& Mom's) and can feel and picture everything youa re doing :D About now you have finished breakfast and are probably walking around outside by the ships and probably grabbing a picture that looks about like this ;)

Have fun this is an exciting day:)

BTW I just realized my photo of the Ryndam was taken almost 3 years to the date of you leaving on her out of Vancouver :D

100_1942.jpg.3ffda552f4b17bd51608bc4696f62e19.jpg

How awesome to see the pictures of the Ryndam! I can't wait for my trip on her next week. I am looking forward to any of the posts you are able to send from the ship. I am so excited about my cruise I am driving hubby insane.

Rev Neal

I wish you and your mother the best cruise ever. Enjoy every second with your mom. This a very special time that the two of you will spend together. I was able to take my parents on a cruise back in the 1980's. I am so glad now that I did that.

If you are going to Sitka you might like to see St Michael's Cathedral and the Russian Bishop's house.

Enjoy it all and know that these memories will be kept in your heart for ever.

Maria

Brother,

May you and your Mom have a great cruise. I hope you both will have some beautiful memories that you can always share. I am so glad you and your Mom are cruising together. You will always be happy that were able to travel together. I have wonderful memories of the cruises that my Mom and I took together. Adele

Good Morning From Vancouver!!!

This morning at 6:17 the Ryndam made her appearance under the Lions Gate Bridge. I was sitting up in bed at the moment and managed to get the video camera going and was starting to take pictures as I woke my mother up to watch as "her ship came in!"

Here are some selected photos. Sometimes it was hard to focus through the window ... the video camera appeared to do a better job and, at some later date, I'll grab some screen captures from the video and see if I can't turn them into better photographs. Nevertheless ... here's the approach of the Ryndam to Canada Place on the morning of Friday, May 8, 2009.

rynvac04.jpg

rynvac05.jpg

Thats our place Rev just below the Lido on the starboard side. We were awake and probably waving. See you folks in a few hours...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=981580

George & Cary

Archived