Red Dot/Concierge

jcg

A family member told me they would never cruise unless they did a red dot cruise, something about a red dot on their cabin key card. Can anyone tell me what this means?

Thank you.

I hope someone can answer you. We sail in the category cabins that provide concierge service (Deluxe Verandah Suites) and never saw or heard this red dot but I'm interested if someone else has.

A family member told me they would never cruise unless they did a red dot cruise, something about a red dot on their cabin key card. Can anyone tell me what this means?

Thank you.

Darn, who cares. Just enjoy and let the snobs be!

:D :D Where do we get them? Same place I ordered my bright red trays to use in Lido? :)

I thought of you last week, Sail ... we cruised Norwegian Majesty out of Charleston to Bermuda, and there were no trays any longer in the Buffet. The room service trays, though, were Bright Red !! lol ...

Oooh No........ Now I'm going to be the 'tray lady'. :D :D

I've heard ' my' ;) beautiful Maasdam still has trays in Lido. Don't know for sure but will soon when we go in June.

I write for a cruise web site, and I've studied cruising now quite extensively for some of those articles ... and I have NEVER heard of a "red dot" cruise. Now maybe what the OP is referring to is a special method of luggage handling that is used on some cruise lines. Basically priority luggage delivery if your tags have a "red dot" on them? I do seem to recall reading something about that ... it may be on Cunard? A special service you can pay for that gets your luggage delivered to the cabin first?

Blue skies ...

--rita

Why not ask the person who used the term? :confused:

Archived