Costco or grocery store in route from LAX to San Pedro Pier via Prime Time...?

IBookHePays

Closest Costco is in Torrance I believe, but if you are on a shared shuttle you will not get a shuttle driver to stop for you without extra charges. I would suggest taking the shuttle all the way to the port, checking in your luggage, and then take a cab to one of the small local grocery or convenience stores near the pier instead.

If you are just looking for water and soda there is a liquor store about a quarter mile from the cruise line entrance. It's on Harbor Blvd in the West Marine shopping complex (blue building).

Closest Costco is in Torrance I believe, but if you are on a shared shuttle you will not get a shuttle driver to stop for you without extra charges. I would suggest taking the shuttle all the way to the port, checking in your luggage, and then take a cab to one of the small local grocery or convenience stores near the pier instead.

No, we don't have a shared van, since the four of us and our luggage full it up. We are spending an extra $10 for a stop, and I don't want a teeny store, and one that sells wine. How small are the local grocery stores...and do you know what they are called? Thanks in advance if you can elaborate.

Havent cruised out of San Pedro in about 2 years but think there is a Kmart just off of Hwy 110. It is on the left side> Use to be a good Carls Jr there too. Check Walmart.com for one near to your route. Just put in zip code and it will give you great directions. Pretty sure you can buy liquor and beer in grocery store in California.

No nearby Walmart. The closest is in downtown Long Beach.

This is the only close-by supermarket:

Von's

1221 S Gaffey St

San Pedro, CA‎

tel. (310) 832-9047‎

There are a number of small markets within walking distance of the pier but of course selection will be more limited.

If you can convince your shuttle driver (or take a cab) to go down Western instead of the 110 freeway or N. Gaffey there are a few resources on Western including these:

Trader Joe's

28901 S Western Ave # 243

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA‎

tel. (310) 832-1973‎

Albertson's (supermarket)

28090 S Western Ave

San Pedro, CA‎

tel. (310) 831-1323‎

Ralph's (supermarket)

1050 N Western

San Pedro, CA‎

tel. (310) 833-3505‎

Smart & Final

28500 S Western Ave

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA‎

tel. (310) 832-4179‎

All of the above sell wine and beer, although probably Von's and Trader Joe's have the best selection.

There is a Costco close by the LAX airport (approx. 3 miles)

515200991702pm.jpg

It is close to LAX. Ever shop there? How's the neighborhood?

If you need to stop at a Costco stop at the one just off the 405 at Rosecrans Ave. It'll take you longer to check out than to get on and off the freeway.

Archived