How to get to Dzul Ha

susanf31

A taxi from any of the 3 piers will be $7 for up to 4 passengers. That's the ONLY way to get there unless you feel like a very long walk.

Dzul Ha is a wonderful destination for snorkelers. If snorkeling is not your thing, this is not the place to go.

What are you interested in doing?

Snorkel gear is available for rent at Dzul Ha Beach Club ($?) as well as across the street at Palmar Estates Beach Club ($8) Snorkel vests are available for rent as well ($4 I think)

Is it worth it? If you like to snorkel this is one of the best snorkel areas on the island (It was voted number one by Skin Diver magazine a few years ago) ~ there are always several snorkel tour boats dropping people in the area however you can see all the wonders snorkeling from the shore.

Thanks for the response! I'm sailing tomorrow and trying to get some last minute info.

So if I take a cab down there its a safe area and I'll be able to easily catch a cab back to the ship?

I've got my own gear, just trying to decide if I should bring it along or not.

Thanks

Jason

Yes, definitely bring your own gear. A taxi from any pier is just $7 to Dzul Ha, for up to 4 passengers. All of Cozumel is safe. If there isn't a taxi waiting at Dzul Ha to take you back, the bartender can call the nearest hotel (2 minutes away) and they will send one.

Enjoy!

Archived