recycling clothing among cc members

Happy Hump day :).

Yay... my list of things to do is getting a bit shorter. I just booked an Alaska cruise for next year. We met Dennis and Anne on the last year cruise. We became good friends. They will be joining us on the next year cruise. After the cruise they will be staying with us ten days to see the sites, then we will drive to the Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, Lake Tahoe, Yellowstone, Seattle then to BC for our 14 day cruise to Alaska. Our first time to Alaska; I am very excited. The most important things to do on my list is to renew my husband's passport and add pages to my. I better get my ass moving :D.

I bought this dress for my next cruise. I love it, but my girls are a bit too big for it. It is size M.

9320425161_5586478b6b.jpg

I also bought this for my next cruise. I changed my mind about it. I could return it or donate it. I decided to donate it :). It is

Badgley Mischka size 8.

9272527490_ca86e2cbf7.jpg

These are Attilio Giusti Leombruni. I have one in every color. They are the most comfy shoes, however, I could not get myself to like the color. I do like the nude color in heels tho. They are size 8 1/2

9562480907_2de42d9da7.jpg

Hi Marie,

I've sent you an email about the pink dress above.

LOL... yes, you have way too much imagination. I love your sense of humor :):):). Our six months cruise on Oceania is casual dinning; I do not gowns, however, I do need at least 80 dresses :D. Shoes? I love shoes :D.

xoxoxo

Marie

Marie,

Are there any theme nights on Oceania? I can't imagine you with no formals or theme outfits!:eek:

Kathi

Yay... my list of things to do is getting a bit shorter. I just booked an Alaska cruise for next year. We met Dennis and Anne on the last year cruise. We became good friends. They will be joining us on the next year cruise. After the cruise they will be staying with us ten days to see the sites, then we will drive to the Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, Lake Tahoe, Yellowstone, Seattle then to BC for our 14 day cruise to Alaska. Our first time to Alaska; I am very excited. The most important things to do on my list is to renew my husband's passport and add pages to my. I better get my ass moving :D.

Alaska sandwiched between 2 world cruises??

Do you need a personal assistant or will you just go ahead and adopt me!!!! :p

Debbie,

My package just got here and the blouse is gorgeous and fits fabulously. :)

I will have my husband take a picture later tonight if he doesn't get home to late. Since the furloughs are over he has been working later to catch up on everything that didn't get done with the shorter hours of the furlough.

I will drop the postage in the mail in the morning.

Thank you again,

Gerry

Hi Ladies!

Happened to stumble across this board and I think it's a fantastic idea! I always clean out my closet to make space for new outfits before a trip and now I have somewhere to donate the pieces! We just booked our honeymoon cruise and I can't wait to start shopping and planning my outfits :D

Marie,

Are there any theme nights on Oceania? I can't imagine you with no formals or theme outfits!:eek:

Kathi

Hi Kathi,

There are no theme or formal nights . I think it would be nice for a change. How are you? Did you apply for visas? I just sent in for renewing my husband's passport and to add pages to mine. What day are you going to be in Sydney? Wouldn't it be wonderful the three Queens are going to be there on the same day?

Take care and have a fantastic evening.

Marie

Hi Ladies!

Happened to stumble across this board and I think it's a fantastic idea! I always clean out my closet to make space for new outfits before a trip and now I have somewhere to donate the pieces! We just booked our honeymoon cruise and I can't wait to start shopping and planning my outfits :D

How exciting, getting married and going on a cruise!

This is a great forum! There are some lovely items shared! It's wonderful to know that people are so generous!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi Kathi,

There are no theme or formal nights . I think it would be nice for a change. How are you? Did you apply for visas? I just sent in for renewing my husband's passport and to add pages to mine. What day are you going to be in Sydney? Wouldn't it be wonderful the three Queens are going to be there on the same day?

Take care and have a fantastic evening.

Marie

Hi Marie,

I'm wondering where the time is going. It seems like it was only yesterday that I was booking the cruise and now it is only a little over 4 months away.

I wish they would schedule the Queens together in Sydney (I bet Sydney would like it, too). We are there right before you (March 1 and 2).

I called the visa service that Cunard recommends but they said we could not apply until 90 days before the cruise. Luckily, I have enough pages left in my passport and it does not have to be renewed until 2015.

Even without the formals, I'm sure you will be the best dressed person on that World Cruise!

It's so great that your cruise friends will visit you and then you will all get to travel together again. An Alaska cruise is one of the things on my bucket list.

I want to thank you again for my beautiful purse. When I was showing my friends my new shoes for the cruise, I showed them my bag. When I told them about this thread and the amazing thoughtfulness of the people on it (mainly you!), they could not believe it. I had to explain it a couple of times to get them to understand how wonderfully caring everyone is.

Best wishes,

Kathi

Edited by Scrapnana

It is amazing! One day I will be here when Marie posts a fabulous pair of shoes. I'm always a hot second too late. lol

Her generosity and the generosity of others here is amazing! We are planning a cruise in December and I hope to have some things to pass along after that. :)

Hi Ladies!

Welcome aboard! Congratulations on booking the honeymoon cruise (and on the wedding ;) ). I'm sure I'm not alone in saying we also look forward to you cleaning out your closet! :D

Hi Gerry, Debbie M and Sheri R.

I am not sure how that happened??? Your email went to the spam folder. I usually empty it without checking; I just checked and found your email. I have moved it to the Inbox; it shouldn’t happen again.

Marie

Hi Marie,

Just wondering if you received my email?

Also, you will LOVE Alaska. We cruised for our 25th. anniversary & did the land tour. It was one of the best cruises we've ever done. Pictures just can't describe the beauty. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time.

Hi Gerry, Debbie M and Sheri R.

I am not sure how that happened??? Your email went to the spam folder. I usually empty it without checking; I just checked and found your email. I have moved it to the Inbox; it shouldn’t happen again.

Marie

I was worried that maybe that is where my email had went. :confused: I kept checking for your response and even checked my spam to see if your reply went in there.

I am glad you put me in your safe senders list so I won't be "trash" next time. :) Did I reply earlier enough or have you promised the dress to someone else? I sent you an email right after you posted it.

How exciting, getting married and going on a cruise!

This is a great forum! There are some lovely items shared! It's wonderful to know that people are so generous!!

Exciting and a little stressful trying to plan everything! I'm hoping to start shopping a few months early so I'm not running around that last week.

Oceania is a small ship, which means I might get seasick. I lose weight when I take seasickness pills:D. It worked for me in the past three cruises:).

I started the Ketogenic diet yesterday to lose the four pounds I gained from the surgery. This diet is working best for me.

Do you have a bell? Or should I get you one?

Hugs

Marie

I know off the topic of recycled clothing, however, Marie what do you take for seasickness? I get sick on any cruise where I can't see land, so know I'll be needing something for our cruise to Bermuda in 57 days! I do have a pair of wrist bands, but thinking pills would work better.

CJ

Sounds like a wonderful holiday. Have you been to BC before? It is such a beautiful province in which I live! You will have to share which Alaska ship and day you are going on, I'll go down to the seawall and wave as you go by!! That is if your cruise is leaving from Vancouver!

Love our passport services here in Canada, it only took 10 days for my husband to get his new one.

CJ

Hi Marie ,

I sent you an email and hope this is my lucky day !

Well yesterday was my lucky day thanks to the generosity of Marie . We are planning a european cruise for next spring so this dress will be perfect .

We cruised Alaska two years ago . Absolutely fabulous scenery !

I know off the topic of recycled clothing, however, Marie what do you take for seasickness? I get sick on any cruise where I can't see land, so know I'll be needing something for our cruise to Bermuda in 57 days! I do have a pair of wrist bands, but thinking pills would work better.

CJ

Hi CJ, I am notorious in my family for getting motion sickness. What has worked for me is over the counter Bonine. I take it before bed every night and it does the trick. I will start taking it on Monday night so it's in my system by the time I board the airplane on Wednesday. If the seas are rough, then I take an extra pill during the day. "Planes, trains, automobiles, or ships, if it moves she will get sick" said on numerous occasions by my dad. :eek:

Lisa

Hi CJ, I am notorious in my family for getting motion sickness. What has worked for me is over the counter Bonine. I take it before bed every night and it does the trick. I will start taking it on Monday night so it's in my system by the time I board the airplane on Wednesday. If the seas are rough, then I take an extra pill during the day. "Planes, trains, automobiles, or ships, if it moves she will get sick" said on numerous occasions by my dad. :eek:

Lisa

Lisa I've not heard of that one, will look for it on our next trip to Washington (tomorrow maybe). Thanks! Oh does it cause drowsiness? I don't want to sleep thru my cruise. lol

CJ

CJ

I know someone who makes a product called Queasy Beads. She designs bracelets that put pressure on acupuncture points and help with the sea sickness. They work for me, and I designed mine to look nice so if I need them on a formal night I won't be embarrassed by an ugly band like they sell on the ship.