Former Horizon Cruisers

Aquahound

Brings back wonderful memories of two out of the ordinary cruises onboard Horizon - Repositioning San Juan to New York and Bermuda out of Norfolk. We enjoyed both sailings.

Thanks for posting the photos Paul.

Patty

That ship was the cruise I least liked. The ship was small and old when we sailed her and the service we had in the dining room the worst of any cruise we've been on. Unfortunately, your thread didn't give me any warm and fuzzy feelings - my thought were good riddance when the ship was sold.

Great pics. We sailed the Zenith quite a few times and loved her very much, glad to see Island cruises is keeping her sister looking nice. I got a kick out of seeing the X still on the funnel as Richsea pointed out.

Great pics. We sailed the Zenith quite a few times and loved her very much, glad to see Island cruises is keeping her sister looking nice. I got a kick out of seeing the X still on the funnel as Richsea pointed out.

That painted-over X on the funnel was what first caught my attention.

On a recent Med. cruise, I saw this ship in Messina. I have never sailed the Horizon, but thought it would be good to reminisce for those who have. She is now the Island Star.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2662090150080150150SyNgOH

Aquahound:

She has a change of name since September. RCCL has transferred her to Pullmantur and she is now the Pacific Dream and was supposed to sail out of Acapulco and PV on a Mexican Riviera itinerary from May 10th. The swine flu put paid to that, and I believe she is about to sail out of Lisbon to the Canaries.

The Horizon from NY to Bermuda was our first ever cruise and a never to be forgotten trip- gave us the cruise bug and Celebrity is still our fave live- We are leaving tomorrow for the West Coast to join the Infinity for Alaska- thanks for the lovely reminder of how it all began back about 15 years ago :)

Archived