Bringing own soda to WJ, Pool, MDR?

No, you are not, because you are not allowed to bring "your own wine" on board.

If you order it from Gifts & Gear before your cruise, you must specify whether you want it in the dining room or in your cabin.

If you order it for the dining room, of course they will serve it to you there.

If you order it for your cabin, you must pay a corkage fee if you bring it into the dining room.

My guess is unklez was referring to a glass of wine that you can purchase somewhere on the ship and then walk around with...but that's my guess. I could be wrong.

I absolutely bring my own Coke into the MDR. I'm not about to pay $2.50 a can for something that I can easily carry from my cabin.] I don't feel that I'm stiffing the bar staff from tips, because if I don't bring my own pop, I would just stick with the "free" water.

Just because I'm on vacation doesn't mean that I have to completely waste money.

$2.50 x 2 people x 3 meals (yes, I tend to drink pop with breakfast, big whoop, wannafightaboutit?) x 7 days= a lot of money, especially considering that an entire 12 pack can be purchased on sale for about $3 total. We're certainly not poor or strapped for cash, but even I have limits. :)

Goodness, it' okay, deep breath. Now, all better?

Yes bring your own anywhere you want it. No one on this particular thread seemed to be insisting you MUST order canned drink during dinner. I also don't see any bar tip arguments on the topic either.

Some suggested it is less tacky to either bring it into the diningroom already poured or ask your waiter for ice and to pour it then remove the can. The same way they would serve a beer or a canned drink you purchased.

Personally, I have brought canned drinks on board to consume by the pool and in the cabin. I don't order soft drinks with dinner so I've never personally taken one to the dining room and no one at our table has ever pulled out their personal stash. :D

what does RCI serve? Just want to know as we are from Atlanta and Coke is our drink of choice. I want to get the soda cards for the kids, but if RCI only serves Pepsi products, then I might be forced to bring our own.

If they have Coke products, do they have the full range of Coke or just the usual? I love Fresca (especially when mixed with Crown Royal) and would prefer that over Caffeine Free Diet Coke or most of the other Coke products.

Just to stay on topic - hubby and I have on many occasions been having a glass of wine before dinner and then taken that glass into the MDR with us. No one said anything to us and our waiters asked us what we were drinking so that they could refill our glasses with the same stuff. I would imagine that the same could be true of soda products - after all no one knows if it is straight soda or soda + but you!!:cool:

They have Diet Sprite.

You are right but I prefer the CF DIet Coke. I could always be healtheir and drink water:D CF Diet Coke and Lipton Tea are my vices. So especially away I make sure I have them

Have a good trip Carol.

I don't see any problem with people bringing a can of soda to the windjammer. As long as it's not a giant bottle who cares. For the main dinning room it's more formal so as long as your not drinking directly out of the can (which it sounds like doesn't happen) how is it any different than ordering a soda.

As we are Dr. Pepper and Diet Mt. Dew drinkers, we are planing to bring some soda with us on our next cruise in October. Would it be frowned upon to take our own to the WJ and MDR for meals and to the pool during the day?

If you have it available to carry around with you on the ship doesn't that directly imply that they let you board with it and, hence, approved of you bringing it on board the vessel?

Since they approved you bringing it on board the vessel, doesn't that suggest that they are fine with you having it, drinking it, etc, in public or in private....?

Have a great cruise! :D

Archived