Price drop on Navigator Transatlantic..yipeee

.... as a hotel owner I can vouch for the fact that there is NO 'right price' - only the price that people are willing to pay given the date, the itinerary, the cabin etc etc. - if rooms don't sell unfortunately you have to reduce the rates to sell!!! I don't think Celebrity and Azamara 'show' all cabins, they just have the facility to search for a particular cabin number. I guess this wouldn't be difficult for RCI to copy ... who knows why they don't???

Cheers

Ken

Oh i thought maybe as a hotel owner you maybe go along the lines the further you book out the better the rate you get - and as rooms reduce the higher the price would get - but hey how would i know lol

As for the Cabins the head of RCI Europe didn't know CC/AZ had that facility on their sites until i told him - tells you alot lol

jj....

Oh i thought maybe as a hotel owner you maybe go along the lines the further you book out the better the rate you get - and as rooms reduce the higher the price would get - but hey how would i know lol

As for the Cabins the head of RCI Europe didn't know CC/AZ had that facility on their sites until i told him - tells you alot lol

jj....

No, we have rates that we try to achieve and will stick to these as much as possible (during the recession this has been near impossible - last winter we were hanging on to the business by the fingernails). We only reduce prices when rooms are hard to sell - that's fairly standard throughout the industry. Unfortunately the internet has led people to want and expect to make bookings last minute - so, often we don't know where we are and many potential guests are disappointed because they leave it too late to book when we are full.

Perhaps the head of RCI Europe may do something about extending greater cabin selection to RCI now he knows it's available .... but knowing the speed of IT developers, I wouldn't expect any results any time soon!!!

Ken

No, we have rates that we try to achieve and will stick to these as much as possible (during the recession this has been near impossible - last winter we were hanging on to the business by the fingernails). We only reduce prices when rooms are hard to sell - that's fairly standard throughout the industry. Unfortunately the internet has led people to want and expect to make bookings last minute - so, often we don't know where we are and many potential guests are disappointed because they leave it too late to book when we are full.

Perhaps the head of RCI Europe may do something about extending greater cabin selection to RCI now he knows it's available .... but knowing the speed of IT developers, I wouldn't expect any results any time soon!!!

Ken

I guess the point is right across the board from buying cars/TV's/holidays people are holding of buying in the hope prices will come down.

jj.......

I guess the point is right across the board from buying cars/TV's/holidays people are holding of buying in the hope prices will come down.

jj.......

No, unfortunately for the past 12 to 18 months, many, many people have been holding off - full stop. There have been weekends where we couldn't have given rooms away for free - the phone just wasn't ringing. Thankfully things seem to have bottomed out and are no longer getting worse than the same time last year ... the only way is UP!!!!

Ken

Archived