Forum Maintenance: Wednesday March 20 @5:00 am ET Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dolphins

Question About Dawn Bamboo Menu

I noticed that the Dawn Bamboo menue begins with an item called, Amuse Bouche with compliments of the chef. Could anyone who has dined in Bamboo enlighten me as to what this consists of?

Hi Dolphins! Are you having cruise withdrawal like we are???

The menu item you are referring to is different every evening, but when we went, it was a tiny little bowl of seaweed salad with sesame seeds and some kind of delicious dressing -- it was yummy!

Going on Dawn in February, I've noticed this myself from menus online and wondered. Strangely enough, in French, this would roughly translate to Amuse the Mouth....maybe meaning something to whet the appetite, appetizer? Just what I figured it might be.....

Going on Dawn in February, I've noticed this myself from menus online and wondered. Strangely enough, in French, this would roughly translate to Amuse the Mouth....maybe meaning something to whet the appetite, appetizer? Just what I figured it might be.....

You are correct Bragstarr. This is usually a complimentary small bite, pre-appetizer.

Happy cruising, Kathy

Hi folks! The night we went to Bamboo the amuse bouche was a small square of deep-fried tofu, in fish broth, with bonito flakes on top. Very Japanese, and very light and delicious!