Final Payment Schedule

cactusrose

Does anyone know where I can find the Princess schedule for final payment?

I was just reviewing the new contract and noticed that the timing for canceling a longer cruise without penalty is now 120 days so I thought I would see if Princess has also changed the timing for final payment but can't find that information.

Call Princess and they will tell you, precisely. And/or your Travel Agency/Agent if you did it that way.

Updating of there websites and even Aboard the Ships IT...is lacking..

We say it is still in the I I A ( Internet Ice Ages ) !:eek:

Does anyone know where I can find the Princess schedule for final payment?

I was just reviewing the new contract and noticed that the timing for canceling a longer cruise without penalty is now 120 days so I thought I would see if Princess has also changed the timing for final payment but can't find that information.

Here ya go, it's in the passage contract, #6

http://www.princess.com/legal/passage_contract/index.jsp

20 Days+ sailings, it does say 120 days is the cut off for cancellations.

Thanks Toto but that's the cancellation policy I was referring to. What I'm looking for is the new final payment schedule. They used to post it but I can no longer find it.

I have an invoice from Princess (before turning booking over to TA), and it shows that final payment is due 75 days prior to sail date.

The final payment deadline is different for the different cruise lengths. That's why I'd like to see the schedule. I want to know if the final payment dates have changed now that the timing to cancellation penalty has changed.

Call Princess and they will tell you, precisely. And/or your Travel Agency/Agent if you did it that way.

Updating of there websites and even Aboard the Ships IT...is lacking..

We say it is still in the I I A ( Internet Ice Ages ) !:eek:

Thanks. I know what the final payment dates are on the cruises I currently have booked. Just thought someone would know where to find the schedule on the Princess site since it used to be posted there.

I currently have a 30 day cruise booked with a final payment date of 90 days before sailing but according to the new contract the penalty period kicks in if I cancel at 120 days before sailing. Just curious if they are changing the final payment date on cruises booked after March 09 which is when the cancellation policy changed. Final payment date and cancellation date used to be in sync.

I doubt I would get a correct answer by calling Princess customer service as they usually know less the the wonderful people on cc. I think I'll just go through the booking process and see what happens when I try to book a cruise longer than 20 days.

Thanks Toto but that's the cancellation policy I was referring to. What I'm looking for is the new final payment schedule. They used to post it but I can no longer find it.
Toto gave you the correct information. The final payment & the none cancellation fee date are the same date

Toto gave you the correct information. The final payment & the none cancellation fee date are the same date

I wouldn't be so sure if I were you. As I said on a cruise I currently have booked the penalty period is 120 days but the final payment seems to be 90 days out. Several of my friends booked on the same cruise have the same final payment date. So I'm curious if there are other changes that we should be aware of on the different cruise lengths. I also went through the booking process on a well known online agency and they are showing final payment date 90 days (plus their cushion) on a 29 day cruise in November 2010, while the contract is showing cancellation without penalty is 120 days. So they don't appear to be the same date anymore. Princess has obviously made some changes to this policy.

I wouldn't be so sure if I were you. As I said on a cruise I currently have booked the penalty period is 120 days but the final payment seems to be 90 days out. Several of my friends booked on the same cruise have the same final payment date. So I'm curious if there are other changes that we should be aware of on the different cruise lengths. I also went through the booking process on a well known online agency and they are showing final payment date 90 days (plus their cushion) on a 29 day cruise in November 2010, while the contract is showing cancellation without penalty is 120 days. So they don't appear to be the same date anymore. Princess has obviously made some changes to this policy.

How can they give a penalty when you haven't paid???:confused:

How can they give a penalty when you haven't paid???:confused:

Something just doesn't sound right here does it? I mean in the beginning of the cancellation period the only penalty is the deposit amount, but I have never heard of cancellation penalties inccured before you actual must pay for the cruise:confused:

Oops. I meant 75 days (plus their cushion) not 90 days. I just went on the Princess site and went through the booking process and they are also showing final payment at 75 days. This was for the Pacific Princess 11/23/10 sailing which is 29 days. The final payment date when booking on Princes site is 9/9/10 and when booking through an online TA it's 8/30/10. Neither one of these is the 120 days for cancellation without penalty stated in the new Princess contract for cruise of 20+ days.

My point is that no one should assume that the final payment date and the date for cancellation without penalty are the same anymore. The reason I even started checking this was due to two friends who made that assumption and when they canceled in less that 120 days (117 days and 112 days) Princess asked for a cancellation penalty. Since they had booked with FCC and hadn't made final payment, the penalty was $200 instead of the brochure price mentioned in the contract. Very confusing.

I'll Say!

Did those who cancelled show the date that cancellation fees would be applied on their booking confirmation?

No. I've never seen this information on the booking confirmation. Not even the one that you get booking directly with Princess shows that information. They just refer you to the contract. I told them to fight it because the policy didn't change until March of this year (I have a contract dated November 2008 that still shows 90 days) and they had booked in April 2008 and weren't notified of a change in terms. Even when you book on the Princess site you are agreeing to the terms of the contract in place at that time. The link goes to the contract that is in place at that time. I think it is unreasonable for them to expect you to constantly check to see if there has been a change in contract terms and as we all know they don't even send one to you until you get your pre cruise docs after final payment. Anyway, they both objected. Neither of their TAs knew about the change either. I checked several booking sites that post the various cancellation policies for different cruise lines and none of them had the changes posted either indicating that they probably weren't notified either. One of my friends got the penalty waived completely and the other ended up paying $100. If they hadn't booked using FCC Princess would have held their full deposit. Frankly, I would have gone to arbitration if Princess insisted on collection. They can't change contract terms on you in mid stream without at least notifying you of the change.

Now that I know about this, I'm going to be very careful to make note of when the cancellation penalty kicks in.

Oh, now that is ridiculous. I would have fought that one all the way. They have to at least notify you if there is a change in the terms of the contract, and since they booked before this change, they should have waived the penalty for all of them if they weren't informed about it. I would have been steaming mad also, and wouldn't have let this drop. In fact, I would still have them try to do something about this, or at least I would if it were me.

Since it doesn't seem like anyone knows about this, I would guess Princess is going to get a lot of feed back from this one. Many times, especially on these longer voyages, passengers cancel before final payment date for various reasons.

I hope your friends that were charged still try to contact someone at Princess, this is totally wrong on Princess part.

Oh, now that is ridiculous. I would have fought that one all the way. They have to at least notify you if there is a change in the terms of the contract, and since they booked before this change, they should have waived the penalty for all of them if they weren't informed about it. I would have been steaming mad also, and wouldn't have let this drop. In fact, I would still have them try to do something about this, or at least I would if it were me.

Since it doesn't seem like anyone knows about this, I would guess Princess is going to get a lot of feed back from this one. Many times, especially on these longer voyages, passengers cancel before final payment date for various reasons.

I hope your friends that were charged still try to contact someone at Princess, this is totally wrong on Princess part.

I agree Toto, but my friends gave up because they have a family emergency and decided it just wasn't worth it. I don't think I can talk them into following up. I'm like you, tenacious. I never give up and do all my own research in support of my position (as you can see);).

I was surprised when I heard from the first couple that Princess wanted a penalty and thought there was some mistake, but when the second couple also got a call from their TA (different TAs) that Princess wanted the penalty, I decided to investigate and provided them with all the arguments. Then it was up to them to decide if they wanted to fight it.

I would think it would be like anything else in a contract. It cannot be change after it is inforce without both sides agreeing. When Princess and others put in the fuel surcharge, they tried to charge people already booked. Eventually they backed down and either dropped it or refunded it for peple booked before the announcement.

No. I've never seen this information on the booking confirmation.

Things must have changed. My booking Confirmation dated May 26,2009 shows for 9/23/09 18 day cruise Final payment due by July 10,2008. Below that it lists the Cancellation Schedule.

11-JUL-09 20.0% of Total Charges

29-JUL-09 50.0% of Total Charges

26-AUG-09 75.0% of Total Charges

09-SEP-09 100.0% of Total Charges

Things must have changed. My booking Confirmation dated May 26,2009 shows for 9/23/09 18 day cruise Final payment due by July 10,2008. Below that it lists the Cancellation Schedule.

11-JUL-09 20.0% of Total Charges

29-JUL-09 50.0% of Total Charges

26-AUG-09 75.0% of Total Charges

09-SEP-09 100.0% of Total Charges

FWIW, on my booking confirmation for a 30 day cruise beginning in September (booking confirmation dated Jan 26, 2009, but originally booked in September 2008), the final payment date is 90 days prior to sailing, but the cancellation penalty of 20% is applied at 120 days prior to sailing. This is as the contract states for cruises of 20 days or more.

Archived